“Bedbugs”

Econo Lodge McPherson
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in McPherson
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I stayed at the Econo Lodge May 17th and May 18th on the morning of the 19th I wokeup with a Bedbug attached to my left buttox.
I told the lady when I checked out about the bedbug,
Am wondering if they will do anything about it
I will find it hard to go back
I have had the bug identified to make sure that it is a bedbug and it is

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ken K
Hemang B, General Manager at Econo Lodge McPherson, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Ken,
I apologize for the problem that you had at the hotel, however, when you left you advised our desk clerk that the bug had to be pulled from your skin because it was stuck. Anyone could inform you that was a tick, and not a bed bug. We had an exterminator examine the room you stayed in, before housekeeping cleaned it, " Did not see any bugs, or signs of any bed bugs. I checked bedding, box springs, mattress, headboard, side tables, desk, curtains, carpeting, pullout couch, and crown moldings. Found nothing." We take every report of bed bugs seriously, and have not found any at this hotel in over 5 year, since it became an EconoLodge. Thank You for this review, so we could respond.

Hemang Bhakta

There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge McPherson

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Rooms are amazing and very spacious. We had to pull off the road due to weather conditions. The rates were very reasonable and it was just great overall. We would recommend this hotel to everyone. Extremely happy with everything. Also, we were grateful for the attached restaurant because we didn't have to leave the hotel. If you want a full service hotel then stay here.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Hemang B, Manager at Econo Lodge McPherson, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Dear Betsey,
Thank you very much for your wonderful review. We are very grateful that you choose our hotel to stay at during the horrible storm that was going on in Kansas. We are so glad that we were able to accommodate you and your family.
Hope to see you again someday! (Without the Snow).
Thanks once again

Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stayed here for a night after my truck broke down in town. Room price was expensive in my opinion, I travel for work and I am on the road for weeks at a time I have stayed in many less expensive rooms that were much nicer. Other than that I thought the rooms were clean, and the staff was very responsive and helpful.

Room Tip: check out the Wheat State Motel on the other side of town!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Hemang B, Manager at Econo Lodge McPherson, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Hi Chevydmax04, Thank you for your feedback and to choose us for your recent stay in McPherson, KS. We apology for any inconvenience you had on your stay. As you have seen our rooms are nice and clean. Our Housekeeping staff put a lots of effort to provide a nice and clean room to all our guest. I am glad to hear good about our staff member. customers our first priority. I will be glad if you choose us on your next trip or if you passing through from McPherson, KS, We will be more than happy to serve you in future.
Thanks once again for your review and staying with us.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

We had a great stay here on our way to Tallgrass Prarie National Preserve. Check in was professional and quick, room clean, smelled good, and king room had couch, refrigerator, and microwave. Very convenient to be able to park outside room door. Used HBO, room was extremely quiet, and air conditioning was very good. Key card had a 10% discount ad for the Perkins next door where we had dinner. EconoLodge wifi was weak but the Perkins wifi worked well in our room. We have been traveling for nearly 3 weeks, staying in motel rooms for about two of the weeks, and this was best stay yet. Would definitely stay here again in a heartbeat.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hemang B, Manager at Econo Lodge McPherson, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Hi Treehugger14625, Thank you for your review and finding us for your recent stay in McPherson, KS. As you have noticed, What's make our hotel the place to stay it is a value and clean room. We work really hard to provide a guest the nice and clean place to stay. Even for those you like to travel and looking for a budget place. Also I am really Lucky to have a wonderful staff that really enjoy working hard. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you once again for your stay. We will be glad to serve you in future or on your next trip to McPherson, KS. Your business really mean a lot for us.

A TripAdvisor Member
Topeka
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Check in was quick, the room was clean and smelled good. The bed & pillows were great! The room did not reak of a hotel that allowed cigarette smoking and just "said" it was a non smoking room. No smell of smoke at all.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Hemang B, Manager at Econo Lodge McPherson, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2012

Thank You so much for your feedback. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are improving day by day. Our housekeeping staff put their effort on room condition and cleanliness. We are trying to do check in as fast as possible. We Do not like that customer has to wait to long upon a check in time. We will be glad if you come again and stays with us.
Thank you once again for your compliment.

Reviewed April 11, 2012

On April 1st, 2012, we embarked on a trip from Longmont, Colorado to Gatesville, Texas.
We (my wife, 6 year old daughter and our cat) were traveling in a 17' U-Haul truck with a trailer, and it was past 9:00 pm and we needed to find a place to stay for the night.
We saw the Econo Lodge sign from the highway and took the exit into McPherson.
I was very pleased to find that we had plenty of room to pull in our U-Haul to register for the night.
The lobby was open (and is open 24 hrs) so we did not have to deal with a person through one of those "security" windows. The gentleman at the counter was very friendly and courteous.
Before taking our trip I had done some online searches trying to determine what price we might have to pay and I was expecting to pay about $40 more than what this place charged us.
A concern of ours was our cat, and we were very happy to find that our cat was welcome for a nominal charge ($10). This especially made my daughter very happy as our cat could stay in the room with us
We were assigned a room that was non-smoking & pet friendly. There was more than enough room to park our U-Haul and to pull around the building.
The facility has WiFi (which is a must these days) and they supplied me with what I needed at the front desk. The funny thing is that there was a McDonald's next door (another plus in our book) and since I spend time at McDonald's with my daughter in the play area, my laptop automatically logged into the McDonald's signal, which worked very well from the distance so never had to use the in house WiFi.
The room was very nice and clean and overall this was a very pleasant and enjoyable stay after 12 hours of traveling.
Check out time is 12 noon so there is no need to rush up in the morning if you do not have to. They serve a continental breakfast too, take advantage of it or you can visit the McDonald's on one side, or the Perkins restaurant on the other side (we got 10% off at Perkins for staying here).
Check out was just as friendly as check in and the gentleman at the counter even located the cheapest gas around so I didn't have to pay the "Interstate gas price" of the station next door.
I would definitely stop here again in the future and recommend anyone who is traveling and wants a nice, clean, friendly place to stay at a very reasonable price to drop in and give them your business.
Personally, reading a few of the negative reviews on the side of this web page, I have to wonder where they stayed as this was NOT my experience here. Door was secure, security lock worked along with the "latch lock". Plenty of toilet paper, ice available at the front area and adequate towels. Beds are a bit firmer than what I am use to but what I expect from a hotel so no sleep lost over it.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Hemang B, Manager at Econo Lodge McPherson, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2012

Thank you Mr. Raymond022456 for your compliments and feedback. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stays with us. We put great effort on our room condition and cleanliness and also we do our best to give a good customer service. We welcome all guests that would like to bring along their companion animal. We know your Pet is one of your family member. I hope we were able to put in the room that was closed to field so you could take your pet to walk around.
Thank you once again for your feedback. We were very glad that you choose us on when making a trip through McPherson, KS. We will be happy to see you again.
Thank you once again Mr. Raymond022456

Reviewed March 5, 2012

While the rooms were fairly clean, the beds were uncomfortable and the housekeeping was rationing toilet paper and toiletries. We had to go to the front desk to get toilet paper because they didn't leave any and towels because they weren't leaving enough. The security door latch was also broken. We reported it, but it was not fixed.
The breakfast was nothing to write home about. It was not fresh.
This place is not up to fire code. All but one exit light in the courtyard was burned out. The ceiling in the pool room is falling in. The pool and hot tub were also cold and unusable. Most of the 'attractions' in the courtyard are broken and unusable.
Had we not been staying with a group (reserved through someone else), we would have left immediately!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Andra R
Hemang B, General Manager at Econo Lodge McPherson, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2012

Thank you so much for your response Andra R. We apology for uncomfortable stay at Econo Lodge in Mcpherson, KS. We are sorry but the housekeeper might have forgot to put toilet paper in room. They were really Busy, and they were putting the towels that suppose to go in room. Every Single guest was asking extra towels to housekeeper, and they were doing their best. Also we apology for courtyard entertainment games, we had to call a company that owned those games, they came and fix the game for us. The guy told us that some one was putting pennies in the games. Also We are sorry about the Exit light, it stop working, but its fixed and working fine now. We are looking forward to get better. Give us a one chance..

Also consider these accommodations in or near McPherson
Best Western Holiday Manor
#2 of 7 in McPherson
No photo provided
Coronado Motel and RV Park
#2 of 3 in Lindsborg

Been to Econo Lodge McPherson? Share your experiences!