“Golf and gambling day”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mayetta
Prairie Band Casino & Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mayetta
Reviewed July 18, 2013

My wife and I drove up to stay at the Resort and Casino and play golf at Firekeeper Golf course. The pro shop staff was exceedingly friendly and helpful as were the grounds staff on the course. We had someone come by on a cart to make sure we were enjoying ourselves and asked if we had any questions. Top service from pro shop, grounds staff, and grill staff. We can't wait to return. The course was in great shape. Many tees to accommodate all levels. Great bent grass fairways and greens in a fun and scenic layout. When we arrived at the hotel/casino to pick up our golf voucher the front desk attendant asked what our tee time was and informed us that check-in was not until 4pm but she would do her best to have a room ready for us when we returned around 1:30 or so. When we returned from golf the room was ready! The room was furnished with newer looking cabinets and decor, the tables and chairs were new. Room was clean and fresh. We ate the Steak house, service and food was outstanding. The casino staff was helpful, the games readily available (on a Wednesday evening) and we enjoyed every part of our stay. Ready to return.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 9, 2013

check in and valet service was excellent. Problems started at the buffet line,, We waited around 30 minutes, ok it was a holiday but when we got to the cashier, the checked our ID and tickets, then turned to the other line and helped them,getting them seated and all.. After 25 minutes I saw an empty table and told the cashier that would be my table, (Did I mention I am a 100% disabled Vet and have to use a mobility scooter to get around) The Cashier said he had to wait for a table for me, and I have to leave my scooter parked.. I was mad. After me and the four other couples behind me waited another 15 minutes of waiting, I asked for a manager. I was told there were none, I said piss on it and asked where I parked my scooter so I could eat. he showed me the area, and I parked. we ate the meal and went to the front counter to speak to a manager and ended up with the assistant kitchen manager. How could anywhere treat a 100% disabled vet that way, Was not happy, still not happy and will never go back and I've been telling everyone I know plus the American Legion Magazine, local newspaper, VFW and more.. How they could be that disrespectful to a Vet especially on the 4th of July

Room Tip: for disabled people ensure the hotel restraunant can support your needs and I was placed on the thi...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank carol m
Reviewed July 8, 2013

A little 3-day golf/casino trip with our group of 40 good friends... Stayed at Prairie Band Casino and played the Firekeeper golf course. LOVED it!! Rooms are nice, spacious & clean, staff very friendly (Vickie, our hostess, was awesome!). Free valet parking. Nice big courtyard in the middle with tables, firepits, a warm & hot tub (very large, not your normal hot tubs, like mini-pools). The Three Fires Steakhouse accommodated all of our group for dinner one night, and the food was GREAT!! The Firekeeper golf course is VERY nice (and lady friendly too!). The staff at the golf course was wonderful & went out of their way to make our 3 days of golf fun for all, and were very helpful with doing our scorecards ahead of time etc! All of us thoroughly enjoyed our stay, and will definitely go back!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We have stayed at Prairie Band several times and we have been unhappy with our room on our last two visits. I would suggest trying for a room on a higher floor in the garden section, if you a nonsmoker. We were in the garden section this time, but on the first floor. The hallway and our room did smell of cigarette smoke. The sheets even smelled like smoke. The air conditioner would not cool the room down enough for a good night's sleep.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Linda W
Reviewed April 26, 2013

The rooms are always very clean and spa like. Beds are comfy and we have yet to get a room that is a dissapointment. The staff are very friendly and helpful. If you allergic to feather pillows they will get you something different if you ask. The garden towers rooms are much nicer than the rest. The in room coffee is a little weak for my taste but you can easily go down to the free coffee or go to the breakfast buffet and get AMAZING coffee and a great breakfast. Yes the hotel common areas smell of smoke, but it is in a casino. Our room did not smell of smoke. Great water pressure in the showers. Over all a great place to stay!

Room Tip: If you can get a garden tower room, it is worth the upgrade! The wifi does not work well in the uppe...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank hws2012
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We checked in on a Saturday afternoon and were impressed with the free valet parking, and prompt service at the front desk. The hotel itself was pretty smokey, and the non-smoking parts of the hotel could be compared to the no-peeing area of the kiddie pool... definately affected. We had a good experience in the casino, albiet it overcrowded and hard to get access to machines, tables, and even the resturant without long waits. The outdoor hot-tub area was well done and seemed like a good pace to hang out although we did not actually get ine tubs. The resturants were very crowded, and waits for the steak house were nearly two hours. Definately call in a reservation if you are planning to eat there. The Buffet was not our first choice, but; was a good alternative to a two hour wait for overpriced steak. The food prices reflect the fact that they are the only game in town. People will eat what is convenient even if it is more. The hotel room was similar to a smokers version of a comfort suites or Super8 without the free breakfast, however they were super quiet. In spite of being right next to the ice machine and the elevator... I was not disturbed during my entire nights sleep. There were no instructions for the TV in the room and we had to call the front desk to break the code on: keyboards, analog, digital, cable/ satellite...etc. Over all we had a good experience with the hotel, and the service, but nothing I would classify above average. If you are expecting a Vegas- style time you will be disappointed, but; if you remember you are indeed in Kansas "with Toto and Dorathy" this will be a fun alternative to bowling or another movie night.

Room Tip: When you book ask about the resturants, and book reservations at the same time.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank strattons117
Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at the hotel/casino many times, saying we will not go back, well we did and this time we will not be going back even though the rooms are free. The remodel rooms do not make any sense, big flat screen on one wall, and that's it, you can't move it out so you can see it from the table and chairs. One thing they need to add are safes in the rooms, every hotel/casino we go to have these. We won money in Oklahoma and lost it all at prairie band.

So long

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Luckylady61
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mayetta
Clubhouse Inn & Suites - Topeka
Red Roof Inn Holton
Red Roof Inn Holton
#2 of 3 in Holton
18 mi away
Hyatt Place Topeka
Hyatt Place Topeka
#2 of 33 in Topeka

Been to Prairie Band Casino & Resort? Share your experiences!