“No surprises - good or bad”

Marysville Surf Motel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Marysville
New York, NY
“No surprises - good or bad”
Reviewed July 24, 2009

This property used to be a chain hotel and only recently became an independent hotel. There has been some recent (as of June 2009) interior and exterior refurbishing, so it's in good physical appearance. The staff are courteous and professional, breakfast is continental-breakfast generic, rooms are chain-hotel generic... overall this is a plain-vanilla property.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank s0l0travler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Hanoi, Vietnam
Reviewed March 20, 2009

When we arrived here, the managers were very friendly and helpful. Gave great suggestion on where to have dinner (the Wagon Wheel was excellent!). The room itself was a bit small but was in good repair, very clean and comfortable. The wi-fi was as promised - very good connection. It didn't really have a Best Western feel to it, but it was perfectly acceptable and the rates were reasonable. In the morning, we slept in past breakfast and when I went to the breakfast room, saw that it had been cleaned and all the food put away. I left, only to be approached by the manager, who ran up to me and insisted on going into the kitchen to serve us a full breakfast of biscuits and gravy, pastries, fresj fruit and juice (there was also cereal that he offered, but it was all too much!). We thought that he really went out of his way for us. When we checked out, he was again there for us, making sure we had a good stay and offering us more information about the area. I'd call this 5-star service and we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tumbleweeds023
Texas
Reviewed August 5, 2008

always have stayed here..Have family 20 miles away. Was there in July for my dads funeral, Had called and emailed some family members names to ASK and inquire to HOLD rooms so family coming from greater distance would have a place to lie down for ONE evening. I was there July 25-27,2008. BJ said over phone no problem *for you I will hold*. Great Thanks. I check in great!!! Mary was the front desk clerk..GREAT young girl and so is her mother in law. Two family members decide to not stay there at all,no cancellations to the hotel. Nor did they reseverve with Credit card. No big deal. Well NOT!!! I get charged for family members 136.68 for not staying there. 2 people one night in 2 different rooms. I was charged nearly $300 for rooms that lets just say NOT Hilton Hotels. Did not discover this until I was home and looked at bank statement. I call and get this is *BJ's* policy......I said What????? We argue I hang up...call Best Western cuz this was a Best Western ....WRONG as of July 02 Surf went independant...BjGM is theGM/ Owner and Will not reimburse me for $$ that I NEVER authorized him to bill me. And This hotel has lots of items indicating that Surf is Best Western....So becareful folks...make sure your bills are correct....And NEVER make arrangements with Bj I feel he is a liar..he also had a very rude argument with his wife in the lobby while my kids were present..no one needs to hear there problems in front of kids or guests..Take it HOME with ya ..not in the work place when guests are present!!!! Have a safe Journey where ever the roads take ya...And be sure to not stay here if you want Best Western......its definetly NOT Best Western..Its Marysville Surf Motel!!!!!!!!!!

• Liked — Lobby Desk Staff was GREAT Mary was is name
  • Disliked — The GM BJ is is name he is very rude
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank marriedn1990
kansas
Reviewed May 5, 2008

Large clean rooms.Breakfast area was excellent .Large assortments of things to chose from .No one should go away hungry and many people gathered to eat and visit it was like everyone knew each other even if they had only met when they came through the door. Desk clerk was very friendly and helpful.I would stay there again and again

• Liked — everthing
  • Disliked — nothing it was all great
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank weddingoer
Omaha, Ne
Reviewed February 26, 2008

Large room, good continental breakfast too

• Liked — Big room and quiet
  • Disliked — had to leave
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank zerofloat
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed June 19, 2007

Room wasn't overly clean, toilet kept running so that I had to shut it off, remote wasn't working and when I went to the office, I was told rudely that I had to program it to make it work.
Nobody could give me information about the Museum hours. This is a little town and desk clerk should know this information.
I have had good luck with Best Western but this wasn't one of them.

Stayed June 2007
1 Thank HAGOLY
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marysville
Oak Tree Inn Marysville
#2 of 2 in Marysville
Washington Hotel
Washington Hotel
#1 of 1 in Washington

Been to Marysville Surf Motel? Share your experiences!