“Always good food, no matter what I order.”

Puffy's Steak & Ice House
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Maple Hill
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Alma, KS
“Always good food, no matter what I order.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

I've been to Puffy's several times over the last couple of years. I've had almost everything off the menu but my favorite is the steak. The last time I had a Rib-eye that was cooked just the way I ordered it, still pink in the middle. This comes with a side salad, homemade bread & a baked potato. My husband loves the hamburgers from here and the onion rings are the best we've ever had. Crispy & delicious. The decor is unique. Puff has memorabilia collected throughout the years & signed autographs from famous people that he's catered for. And look out for the bison head on the wall! Good place for the money & worth the drive to Maple Hill.

• Visited November 2012

Overland Park, Kansas
“Disappointing - due to holiday weekend?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

My husband had raved about previous visits to Puffy's. Unfortunately, we were there on Labor Day weekend and it seemed that their main kitchen & service staff were all working the nearby rodeo that night. We were served (slowly) by a very nice but inefficient teenager and a bartender who could not communicate with each other. It took so long to get a glass of water that I nearly went to the car to get my own water bottle. Steaks were good, but the sides were very disappointing. Overall, they did not live up to their reputation, especially for a holiday weekend.

• Visited September 2012
Kansas, USA
“Good fried chicken in a relaxed atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

Stopped after a day of bargain hunting. Both of us ordered fried chicken. Had fried mushrooms as appetizer. They were good and plentiful helping. House salad was average. My mashed potatoes were average. The fried chicken was very good. The pieces were good size. The meat was juicy.

“Not very good this time”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

The steak was tough and didn't have much flavor. I've eaten there before, and it was much better then. The service is still good and the atmosphere is still good. Maybe I just got a bad steak.

Alma, Kansas
“Great Steak”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2012

Puffy's is know for their steak. The prices are reasonable, and it is worth the drive from Topeka to eat at Puffy's. Their salads come straight out of a bag, but then I don't go their for their salad. I do wish that Puffy would invest a little time and imagination and come up with a good steak topped salad.

Visited November 2011