“As Expected” 4 of 5 bubbles

Fairfield Inn Manhattan
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Manhattan
“As Expected”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

I only stayed here one night so I didn't have much time to explore, but I could see major changes in this area since the last time I was here. There is a lot to do in the area and there are good restaurants close by. My room was clean and I like the refrigerator, microwave, and flat screen TV. Also, the water pressure was very good. My only complaint is that I don't like the modern retro decor that most hotels seem to be going to, but that is just my opinion.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
gjoyal, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Manhattan, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
bkiesster,
Thank you for the kind words. There is a lot of activity here in this area that we are lucky enough to be located next to. One thing that we are doing as a brand that we are VERY excited here for is that we are going to a HOT breakfast sometime in the next couple months. Make sure you come back and check it out.

Have a wonderful day and SAFE TRAVELS!

Gregg Joyal, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

The location is second to none if you are there for K State (5 mins away) or Fort Riley (15). Junction City is closer fro Riley, but Manhattan is more fun. Staff is friendly and helpful. Rooms are comfortable. Lots to do in the area... food and shopping.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank MohicanTraveler
gjoyal, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Manhattan, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
MohicanTraveller,
Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and all the things in the area to experience. Have you tried out the Flint Hills Discovery Center next door? That is one of Manhattan's newest attractions as well as the newly updated Sunset Zoo.

We hope to see you again!!

-Gregg Joyal, GM
Lawrence
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

We found the rooms to be clean and comfortable. The gal working at the breakfast counter was a hard worker and was very friendly. Seemed like a great employee. The hot tub, pool and work out room were very clean.

Something we did not like was the carpet and decor of the room. The carpet was an awful lime green, which seemed very dated. Reminded me of that 70's lime green shag carpet. The rest of the decor was pretty tacky. They need to fire their decorator. That would be one improvement that could be made.

The only other thing I did not like was that they ran the charge through on my credit card for the full balance for the room on the day I made the reservation, about a month in advance of the stay. I had always heard that it was illegal to do that. The room was guaranteed, but I thought they could still could not run it until the service/room was provided. I booked the room through Hotel.com and it may have been them that actually did this as I wrote a follow up review through them and they did not post the review. Many people won't care for this billing practice.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Blue S
gjoyal, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Manhattan, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Blue,

Thank you for staying with us here at the Fairfield Inn by Marriott- Manhattan. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and felt that the rooms were comfortable.

I would like to take the oportunity to let you know that I will pass on your comments to Marriott International about the decor of the Fairfield Inn brand. I would also like to apologize about your experience while booking through Hotels.com. Unfortunatly, we can not control when they charge your credit card as they are a third party booking agent.

I would like to invite you back and please let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

Gregg Joyal, GM
Topeka, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

We stayed here for our annual trip to Buttons N Bows where I am a vendor. We haven't stayed here since their remodel and it is very nice. Since we had to be at the show by 6 (for setup), we unfortunately didn't get to have the continental breakfast. The rooms were very nice, (we stayed in 314). The only complaint I would have was the air conditioner/fan. Every time the air kicked on, it made a noise that woke me up, so I ended up just turning it to fan to have the "white noise" in the room. Unusual to use the air in November but it happened to be in the upper 70's during the day so the room was stuffy. Didn't also realize that I could hear the trains when they blew their whistles at night, so I'll have to remember to bring ear plug next time. The hot tub was just right, I happened to be the only one down there at the time and it was nice.

Over all, they've done a good job on the remodel and it's nice to be only a few blocks away from where we need to go the next morning.

Cost wasn't too bad, but glad it wasn't a home game weekend, every hotel in town seems to up their prices quite a bid when they have a home game.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the North side, might not hear trains tooting their horns as much
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Cricket6886
gjoyal, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Manhattan, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
germ539-

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay while at the Fairfield Inn-Manhattan, and that you enjoyed the new decor package. Let us know next time you are coming into town as we would love to have you back. We apologize about the trains, they can be a little bothersome if the wind is in the right direction.

We hope to see you soon. In the meantime, Safe Travels!!!

-Gregg Joyal, General Manager
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I chose the Fairfield because of the excellent reviews on TripAdvisor, and I'd like to add my voice to those who rate it highly. The room was very clean, and the hotel was quiet. I always appreciate a microwave and refrigerator in a standard room, too. I didn't eat the breakfast, except to grab a banana and apple juice on the way to an appointment, so I can't comment on that. But the staff was friendly, the room was clean and comfortable, the location was great, and I will stay there the next time my work takes me to Manhattan.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank nashvillewriter
gjoyal, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Manhattan, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Nashvillewriter-
Thank you so much for the kind words! I really appreciate it. We look forward to having you stay with us again. Please let me know if I can assist you with anything between now and then.

Thanks again and Safe Travels,
Gregg Joyal
Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

My daughter and I were in town for a swim meet and requested a late check-out so she could shower and wash her hair following her events. At the last minute, she was added to a relay and we weren't going to make it back to the hotel before our late check-out time. I called the hotel and they were very accomodating extending our check-out time another hour. Excellent customer service!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank shaneandjenn
gjoyal, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Manhattan, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Snaheandjenn-

Thank you for the great comments about our staff and their customer service. We enjoyed having all the swimmers here. We hope that your daughter went home with some awards or medals! We will hopefully see you again soon. Until then, safe travels and happy swimming!!!

-Gregg Joyal, GM
Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

Overall the hotel was fine. Location was very nice due to the fact that my appointment the next day was on K-State Campus. This location was very nice. The hotel was pretty quiet and I had a good nights rest. The only complaint is the price. I paid $140 a night on a Thursday. That seems somewhat expensive for a weekday. If I didnt have a discount coupon I probably would have found a little cheaper hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
gjoyal, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Manhattan, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
ssheilmn-
I am glad to hear that you had a good night stay here with us at the Fairfield Inn- Manhattan. We always love having people stay with us that are visiting the Kansas State University Campus. I do apologize that you feel the rate was too high. If you would like to talk a little more about our rates please feel free to contact me at gregg.joyal@marriott.com or 785.539.2400. We hope that you will come back and say with us again.

Have a wonderful night and safe travels.