“would stay here again”

Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Manhattan
Topeka, Kansas
“would stay here again”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We stayed here for our annual trip to Buttons N Bows where I am a vendor. We haven't stayed here since their remodel and it is very nice. Since we had to be at the show by 6 (for setup), we unfortunately didn't get to have the continental breakfast. The rooms were very nice, (we stayed in 314). The only complaint I would have was the air conditioner/fan. Every time the air kicked on, it made a noise that woke me up, so I ended up just turning it to fan to have the "white noise" in the room. Unusual to use the air in November but it happened to be in the upper 70's during the day so the room was stuffy. Didn't also realize that I could hear the trains when they blew their whistles at night, so I'll have to remember to bring ear plug next time. The hot tub was just right, I happened to be the only one down there at the time and it was nice.

Over all, they've done a good job on the remodel and it's nice to be only a few blocks away from where we need to go the next morning.

Cost wasn't too bad, but glad it wasn't a home game weekend, every hotel in town seems to up their prices quite a bid when they have a home game.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the North side, might not hear trains tooting their horns as much
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Cricket6886
gjoyal, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Manhattan, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
germ539-

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay while at the Fairfield Inn-Manhattan, and that you enjoyed the new decor package. Let us know next time you are coming into town as we would love to have you back. We apologize about the trains, they can be a little bothersome if the wind is in the right direction.

We hope to see you soon. In the meantime, Safe Travels!!!

-Gregg Joyal, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I chose the Fairfield because of the excellent reviews on TripAdvisor, and I'd like to add my voice to those who rate it highly. The room was very clean, and the hotel was quiet. I always appreciate a microwave and refrigerator in a standard room, too. I didn't eat the breakfast, except to grab a banana and apple juice on the way to an appointment, so I can't comment on that. But the staff was friendly, the room was clean and comfortable, the location was great, and I will stay there the next time my work takes me to Manhattan.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank nashvillewriter
gjoyal, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Manhattan, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Nashvillewriter-
Thank you so much for the kind words! I really appreciate it. We look forward to having you stay with us again. Please let me know if I can assist you with anything between now and then.

Thanks again and Safe Travels,
Gregg Joyal
Kansas
Reviewed October 22, 2012

My daughter and I were in town for a swim meet and requested a late check-out so she could shower and wash her hair following her events. At the last minute, she was added to a relay and we weren't going to make it back to the hotel before our late check-out time. I called the hotel and they were very accomodating extending our check-out time another hour. Excellent customer service!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank shaneandjenn
gjoyal, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Manhattan, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Snaheandjenn-

Thank you for the great comments about our staff and their customer service. We enjoyed having all the swimmers here. We hope that your daughter went home with some awards or medals! We will hopefully see you again soon. Until then, safe travels and happy swimming!!!

-Gregg Joyal, GM
Kansas
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Overall the hotel was fine. Location was very nice due to the fact that my appointment the next day was on K-State Campus. This location was very nice. The hotel was pretty quiet and I had a good nights rest. The only complaint is the price. I paid $140 a night on a Thursday. That seems somewhat expensive for a weekday. If I didnt have a discount coupon I probably would have found a little cheaper hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
gjoyal, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Manhattan, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
ssheilmn-
I am glad to hear that you had a good night stay here with us at the Fairfield Inn- Manhattan. We always love having people stay with us that are visiting the Kansas State University Campus. I do apologize that you feel the rate was too high. If you would like to talk a little more about our rates please feel free to contact me at gregg.joyal@marriott.com or 785.539.2400. We hope that you will come back and say with us again.

Have a wonderful night and safe travels.
Jackson, Mississippi
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Very nice room, with 37 in tv, clean bathroom, and nice desk. The bed is kind of firm and not a foam mattress. The breakfast is ok. No scrambled eggs and bacon. But lots of yogurt, english muffins, juice, etc to get your day started. Nice pool and whirlpool. This is the 2nd best hotel in Manhattan. The best is the Comfort Inn. Their rooms are immaculate with incredible beds. If you can get one there, go for it. Otherwise, get one here. Location is nice for both hotels. The one to stay away from is the Clarion.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
gjoyal, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Manhattan, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
KTM1234,

Thank you for staying with us and the kind words. Just to let you know, we are moving to a hot breakfast sometime in 2013. We are really excited to be able to offer this to our guests. We invite you to come back and stay with us any time!

Thanks,
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I took my Mother on a short trip (2 nights) to visit family we hadn't seen for a time. We found Fairfield to be the cleanest and quietest place we had stayed. The bathroom, bedroom area were clean and the mattresses were very comfortable. I would recommend this as a place to stay to anyone. The furnishings also were very upbeat and modern. All staff were friendly and very helpful. Very well worth the money. Mom had a lovely time and was well rested for the big time family visit. Great location.

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor and didn't hear a thing.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
gjoyal, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Manhattan, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Lisa H,
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We hope that you come to see your family more often because we would LOVE to see you again. Please let us know if we can help you plan your next trip to the Little Apple!

Thanks,
Evansville, Indiana
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed here partly because of the good reviews on trip advisor. The bathroom was not very clean. That always ruins my opinion of a hotel. The beds were comfortable and the decor was fine. The pool is very tiny and was very cold. Breakfast was okay. The location is idea if you are wanting downtown or near the university. But this hotel was just average. I was a bit upset when we were checking out and there was a delay because a man was trying to pay with cash. People were starting to line up and were waiting. A man came out from the office, had to see the line of people, he did not stay and help. He just went back in to the office. The poor guy trying to deal with the man paying cash could have used his help with people waiting to check out. I would suggest you go got Long John Silvers near this hotel. It is like a sports bar and they serve liquor and serve the food on real plates, etc.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
IndianaKris,

I first want to thank you for staying with us here at the Fairfield Inn- Manhattan! We are glad that you chose to stay with us because of our reviews here on TripAdvisor. However, I do want to apologize for the issues that you had with your room and our hotel. I would like to talk to you a little more about your experience. Could you call me at 785.539.2400 or email me at gregg.joyal@marriott.com so we can make sure that we correct all the issues you had.

Thank you and I greatly look forward to talking with you,