“Hampton Inn Manhattan, KS”

Hampton Inn Manhattan
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Manhattan
Lenexa, Kansas
“Hampton Inn Manhattan, KS”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

The staff at this Hampton Inn has always been top notch. We stay there every time we visit Manhattan. It is clean, quiet, and the service is excellent. We love gathering in the lobby with family to enjoy a meal or play board games. We love it!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Forsyth, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

We drove 8 hours to get to Manhattan KS and we were welcomed instantly by the friendly staff. We found that to be true for the 3 days we stayed at your hotel. The air conditioner was a bit loud, and the comforter was bumpy, but the room and bathroom were large and the water warm.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Killeen, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

It was a nice place, for the week i was there. The staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was ok. Price was right for the hotel. Located close to everything in Manhattan, a lot a restraints and the mall.

Stayed December 2013
Center Point, IA, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

We used the Hampton Inn as the central location for a 40 person reunion, ages 5 months to 93 years. The families were very pleased with the accommodations, breakfast, meeting room, staff support, and pool. We stayed two nights and had plenty to do in Manhattan when we were not visiting and playing.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Eagan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

We stayed here while on a college tour of Kansas State University for our son. I chose this hotel because of proximity to college and online reviews of the hotel. Good value overall: Fresh cookies at the front desk upon check-in, the rooms were immaculate, and they served an excellent breakfast included in price of room. Much more variety than I expected. The beds were comfortable, and each bed had a note: "sheet and duvet cover washed for your cleanliness" which I appreciated, because I always wonder if they wash those. The front desk staff were friendly too. If my son goes to K-State, I would stay here again.

Kansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

My husband & I are big fans of Hampton Inns. They are a safe & very comfortable hotel & often go beyond our expectations & needs. We are Hilton Honors members, so my husband always stays at Hampton Inns when traveling on business. We recently stayed at four Hampton Inns while on vacation in Maine & Massachusetts earlier this month. These Hampton Inns provided excellent customer service & hospitality. The staff at these New England Hamptons were continually checking with us to make sure we were comfortable & everything was okay. Last week I had to travel to Manhattan, KS for a family funeral. Without a doubt, I chose to stay in this Manhattan Hampton Inn without even looking elsewhere for lodging. I had hoped to check in to my room a little earlier than the 4pm check in time, since I wanted to change clothes for the funeral & get an assigned room. I would be returning early evening. Also, I had been driving for about 3 hours prior to arriving at this Hampton. When I arrived at the Hampton Inn, the day time desk clerk said there were no rooms available. I explained to her that I needed to change clothes to attend this family funeral later in the day. She said they expected a full house that evening & I really wasn't supposed to check in until 4pm, anyway. I don't understand why expecting a full house that evening would mean there would be no rooms available at 1pm? The desk clerk seemed very insensitive to my needs. Was not the great customer service you would expect to see at a Hampton Inn. (Also, I read on another Hampton review in another city that when a guest told the desk clerk they were attending a funeral, they were given a special funeral rate!) I commented to the desk clerk I really needed a place to change clothes & she then said I could dress in the lobby restroom. So I drug my heavy luggage case in to the lobby restroom to change for the funeral. I noticed the next morning that the housekeeping staff were busy cleaning rooms on my floor at 8am. I'm having great difficulty understanding why there would be no clean rooms available by 1pm? Also, there were no fresh cookies in the lobby like at other Hamptons. The fruit in the lobby did not look fresh or appetizing. The breakfast attendant was friendly, much nicer than desk help. The breakfast was average, not anything to write home about, like some Hampton breakfasts have been. The hotel was clean & I found the guests to be friendlier than the staff. This is an average Hampton Inn, at best. If I am needing to stay over in the Manhattan area again, I will pass on this Hampton & consider staying at some of the higher rated hotels on trip advisor. This hotel stay was not anything memorable & there definitely is room for improvement.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
manhattankshampton, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
I apologize we could not get you in when you arrived early morning we were sold out all week and check-out is not until 11 am so generally we can get rooms cleaned and maintenaced shortly after lunch. Our check-in time is at 4:00 pm our housekeepers do not arrive to start cleaning until 9 am. Our guestrooms have a schedule of maintenance to be completed during the day and the a housekeepers have a cleaning schedule to be completed daily weather the room is occupied or unused, so after all these items are completed for the day we can check our arriving guests in. I am sorry we do not have cookies available Friday-Sunday's.
Corpus Christi, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

I almost always stay at Hampton Inn because you always know what you are getting; great beds, decent breakfast, great staff. This was not the case here. I had reserved three rooms as we were having a family reunion, the third party, my daughter with a baby, was coming the next day. When we got our first two rooms, we had connecting rooms, with the third room going to be close by. I asked the front desk if we could move my brother-in-law and have the connecting room the next day for convenience with the baby. Kim said she would see what she could do, but there was no guarantee. She was able to move my brother-in-law. The next morning my daughter got into town early after driving all night. I asked housekeeping if there had been anyone in the connecting room. She knocked on the door, no answer, she checked the room and said it was vacant and room ready. I asked Kim if we could check in early and even told her it was room ready. She said she couldn't do that until it was "cleared" by housekeeping and to come back after lunch. Needless to say, we didn't check in until almost 2, which I know is still considered early. The entire stay was like this. The breakfast was not friendly and spent most of her time talking to the front desk. She said I had to hold the little one since it was a public area and she didn't have shoes on. I asked if we could have a late check out since I was an Honors member, again, Kim said the hotel was full and she couldn't guarantee anything. I checked out by 11. I must say though, housekeeping was VERY nice.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
apologize we could not get you in as early as you would have preferred. The housekeepers that do not have that room assigned to them do not always know what is scheduled to be completed in that room or why that room may have not been occupied at that time in the morning. Our check-in time is at 4:00 pm our housekeepers do not arrive to start cleaning until 9 am. Our guestrooms have a schedule of maintenance to be completed during the day and the a housekeepers have a cleaning schedule to be completed daily weather the room is occupied or unused, so after all these items are completed for the day we can check our arriving guests in. Again, I apologize we can could not check you in to your second room at 9:00 am.