“Ok place to stay”

Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Manhattan
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Small clean rooms.
Good location
The breakfast was basic & the breakfast room was chaotic.
The hotel makes a big deal of having clean sheets & duvets for every guest. To me that creeped me out, this seems like a standard requirement!

• Stayed: August 2012

Reviewed May 24, 2012

I can handle a the very basic hotel room, I can handle the terrible soft apple hotel breakfast.... but what bothers me most is the basic lack of customer service and arrogance shown by management staff. I brought up a concern I had and was immediately jumped on and felt degraded by even mentioning it. Manager herself was quite rude and not at all pleasant to deal with. Oh and not sure why- but the floors feel uneven and floors almost shake if too many people are walking down a corridor.

Overall- Unimpressed. You can do far better in this town.

Room Tip: Just stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank TLCraig324
manhattankshampton, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2012

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. This is not typical of our usual Hamptonality and welcoming staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us as we are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed and try hard to make sure all of our guests have a great stay. I would like to apologize to you again for not having State employee rate available. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will come back and stay with us at the Hampton Inn Manhattan again.

Reviewed May 12, 2012

Really liked the staff. Rooms small but this is new york. Great beds, clean and good location..Mention to the maids not to shout to each other in the afternoon in the corridors as it woke us up. But otherwise no complaints.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Our son is staitoned at Fort Riley in Kansas and we came over the Easter weekend to spend some time with he and his wife. He suggested we stay at the Hampton Inn. After checking on line, they were very competetive in their pricing so we took his advice and booked our room. And am I glad we chose this hotel! It was very nice. The staff was extremely friendly and courteous, the room was spotless and very comfortable and the breakfasts were wonderful. We will definitley be staying there again when we visit.

Room Tip: If you do stay, ask for your room to be facing the parking lot. Ours was facing the roadway and it w...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank cre8tivwriter
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Thanks to the staff of Hampton Inn in Manhattan KS. I had a wonderful stay and a retreat during my stay in Manhattan Ks. I was there for a family emergency and during horrible weather in my hub city. The hotel was clean, the staff great, the pool and hot tub very nice. The breakfast GREAT!! Good value, good location. I would stay here again and recommend it to anybody that needed to go to Manhattan KS. Thanks again for a great stay.

Room Tip: I don't recommend staying on the bottom floor as it is noisy. We had a second floor room that w...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 21, 2011

My family recently met at this hotel to celebrate Christmas and December birthdays. I was expecting the old Hampton Inn type decor that I had experienced in the 80s and 90s. This place was gorgeous! The renovations they have completed in the last few years are remarkable. Their lobby/lounge/breakfast area is contemporary, comfortable and stylish. The rooms were gorgeous. I would rank this location above some of the Hyatts and Marriotts I have stayed at recently. Their saltwater pool was also great and uncrowded. It was nice to swim with my son without experiencing the chlorine burn. Staff was very attentive and accommodating, and they were gracious about allowing us to take over the lobby/lounge area for our gathering. Breakfast was typical grab and go fare, but was good for all of us! I'd stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank KrisTravelsOften
Reviewed November 11, 2011

The room was clean and well appointed. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple