“Not too bad.”

Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Manhattan
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Was made to wait until check-in at 3 pm. A bit disappointing, but made the best of it. Told front desk staff that we have stayed there before and not impressed with OLD rooms. So, we were given a room on the second floor. Much better. Also, we got excellent hot breakfasts (that made up for the $134 per day room rate). Would come back again.

Room Tip: Ask for newer updated rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
JenniferFritchen, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. Due to sold out status, we were unable to turn over rooms prior to the standard 3pm check-in. Our hotel has extended the check-out time to 12pm so only a hand full of rooms were vacated early. As soon as rooms are available we check guests in.

We completed the renovations of our guestrooms at the end of August. There are times during the year when we include free breakfast in the room rate and I'm glad that you found this amenity excellent.

There are newer reviews for Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We had a very disappointing night at the Four Points. It started when I called the day we arrived and asked to be upgraded to one of there king deluxe rooms. I also asked that our room not be right around the pool area. The attendant told me she would do both, but when we arrived at the hotel we discovered that we received neither the asked for upgrade or location we wanted. We were supposed to get a late check out benefit as a SPG member, and this was confirmed when we checked in, but they hotel staff did not extend this benefit. Finally, there was a major leak in the bathroom ceiling, which dripped on us for most of the stay and resulted in a huge pool of water in the bathroom. When notified, the staff did nothing but offer an explanation on why it was leaking and a nice apology. Frankly, our stay was very comical, and if we hadn't shelled out $115 dollars, we might have found it funny. FYI - the hotel is STILL under construction and I didn't like seeing construction materials in the public areas. Surprised with Starwood and Sheraton, from whom you can usually expect high quality. Not especially pleased either with their response when I called to inform Starwood of the quality of our stay. We'll head to the Hilton next time!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Alex B
JenniferFritchen, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Unfortunately our hotel was 97% full and we were unable to honor the specific room location or late check out as requested by the guest. I believe the ceiling leak was documenting by the front desk staff, as our maintenance department has repaired a room which matched this description. I apologize we did not meet your expectations during this trip. Our construction is coming to a close with all crew departing the hotel this week. I hope that this guest will try our hotel in the future.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Background: My kids (13 & 18) and I went on an 8 day road trip to spend some time together before my son leaves for college and heads out on his own adventures. We wanted to see some relatives and just enjoy getting out of TX. Spur of the moment and budget was very tight. We expected to do mainly camping but nightly rain and fatigue knocked that out. We covered about 3,000 miles going from Dallas to Manhattan, KS (nephew leaving for Afghanistan and his family); St. Louis, MO; Effingham, IL; Cincinnati, OH (wonderful 93 yr old aunt and more) and back to Dallas through KY,TN and AR between July 16 and July 25th. We spent 7 nights in 5 different hotels booked the day before through Expedia Unpublished or Priceline Express. We looked for cheap, clean, WiFi and 2 beds. You don't know the name upfront with those options but some research narrows it down a lot. Almost all worked out well. Mainly used Expedia since you can set the number of adults and kids which is key with 3+ like us. Priceline and others only guarantee for two per room so a single bed is possible and that wasn't workable. Full-size beds were bad enough with my snoring and his thrashing. Toward the end of the trip I did find a few hotels on Priceline Express offered "bed choice" and we stayed at one which was the best of the trip and nearly the cheapest.

Four Points in Manhattan was our first stop on the trip (16th). We were greeted and checked in quickly. Inside renovations seemed to be pretty complete. Saw some places where they're still working. Our room was large, clean and comfortable. Disappointed that they were two full-sized and not queens. Wasn't clear on their web-site when I made the reservation. In the Photos & Videos section, a "Double Queen CV Guest Room" is shown. They have no rooms with queens according to the front desk. No free breakfast but that was known and expected. Pricing high for what they do offer but that was also expected.

Location was great for what we needed. Room was clean and comfortable. There was a sitting chair with ottoman which was nice. Good Wifi. We didn't try the pool. My son tried out the fitness center and he said it was pretty good.

The renovation did not include keycard electronics on outside entries or rooms. Persnickity and relatively slow. Really frustrating at first. The outside entry was worst. Almost thought the keys were bad. Had to be patient and wait for response before turning handle.

Like someone else mentioned, somewhat of a mixed bag but overall the room was nice and comfortable. I wouldn't pay their regular rates but the online discounted rate was pretty good (about 40% off).

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Andrea N, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

We appreciate the time you took to write a review. It pleases us to hear you enjoyed our hotel’s amenities and while we do not offer free breakfast we hope you enjoyed the complimentary wireless Internet, free parking and free in room bottled water and coffee. While we are in the final stages of a complete renovation, we have shared your comments with our maintenance team. Thank you again for your review and take care.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Rooms were okay and clean. But disappointed that no complimentary breakfast offered. (On site restaurant very pricey!) Fitness center and pool have limited hours. I can see the pool having limited hours but the fitness center should be open 24/7.

Room Tip: Base rate okay but don't use the phone or any other services. They "nickle and dime"...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
JenniferFritchen, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Thank you for sharing some information regarding your stay at our hotel. Unfortunately, breakfast was not included in your rate, BUT our restaurant offers a variety of breakfast items at an additional cost.

Our Fitness Room is available 24/7 with your room key. We keep it locked so that young children or non-hotel guests do not gain access.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

This is not a standard Four Points hotel. I was so disappointed in this hotel. Unfortunately this hotel is not ready for guest at this time. The rooms were dark and had a musty smell to them ( I had to buy Febreeze because I couldn't stand the smell). We had a pool side room so we had no natural light in our room, which made it feel like a cave. The bathroom was small. The amenities of the bathroom are attach to the wall. So no cute little bottles of shampoo or conditioner. The one plus of the whole room was the bedding was nice and comfortable. The pool is big but at the time of our visit the heater had been broken for a couple of weeks so the water was ice cold. They had music in the pool area but I finally had to call the front desk at 11:30 at night to ask when they were going to turn off the music (the pool closed at 10pm). The other issue was our keys stopped working in the door 4 times while we were there. We had to constantly return to the front desk to get them working again. So I would call the hotel directly to see if the reno is complete before I even think about staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
JenniferFritchen, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Our pool heater went down around the 27th of July and the replacement unit has arrived and is being installed. I apologize that the atrium music was not turned off at 10pm per our policy. I will have this resolved. That you for the feedback on the other items so I can address them. Our guestroom renovations should be complete by August and we hope you will give us another try in the future.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed here the weekend of KSU graduation. I know and understand that the hotel is undergoing construction and improvements, but that is no excuse to not keep the rooms clean. I would have made my rating a "Very Good" if our room had been given a little more attention.

Overall, our room was very nice and I believe we had a room which had been renovated. It was a pretty room, spacious, with a king bed, lots of nice pillows, fridge, microwave, nice TV and couch. The bathroom is a bit small, but was sparkling white with a huge shower (no tub, just large shower). I couldn't wait for my shower the next morning so that I could try the neat shampoo, conditioner and shower gel dispenser that is mounted in the shower~I love trying new products, and this seemed fun versus the little bottles that are usually provided that you either only use a portion of, or there is not enough in the bottle to do the job! Overall, our room was clean, but there were a few things that just made it an "average stay". 1) The walls in this hotel are very thin. Everytime someone next door ran water, I thought someone was in OUR bathroom! We were in the back hall by an exit door and your could hear each click of the card reader when someone came in. 2) The headboard on our bed was covered in thick dust. I know, it was probably construction dust, but you could see finger prints in it, and there is no reason that when they make the bed, they can't dust off the headboard. 3)When I got in the shower to try the fun new dispensers, the only one that had anything in it was the shampoo. I then had to give my husband a holler to bring me my bar of soap I had packed since there was no shower gel in the shower. Not a big thing, but if it is in there~fill it. 4) Be very careful in those pretty showers. There is no place for you to perch your leg so you can shave, and the floor is very slick. I about went down! 5) And finally, the thing that was the clencher~the bath towel hanging on the back of our bathroom door from the previous occupant of our room. There is no excuse for that. I have written many reviews for TripAdvisor, and very, very few have had negative comments, so I do not feel that I am a nit-picker, but I feel cleanliness in a hotel is a MUST. Especially when you are paying large amounts of money. The front desk staff was very friendly when we were checking in and out. I believe this hotel can have a good future if they will pay more attention to detail and cleanliness in their rooms.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
JenniferFritchen, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Thank you for sharing comments about the issues you encountered with Housekeeping. I have given your concerns to our team so they can be addressed. Your input is valuable to our success and I hope that you will be back soon.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

We saw the bad reviews and were leery...it was graduation weekend at Kstate, and our family made the reservations. We were extremely pleased with the experience. It was a little humid due to the indoor pool, but the pool was great! Kids loved it. Nice big open area for kids to play by the pool, or for families to gather to visit, play games, or watch the kids swim. It has a nice bar, and we were able to order drinks, and enjoy them by the pool. The rooms were newly refurbished, and were fine. Nothing fancy, but good for family. There was a breakfast buffet included and it was very, very good! Eggs, sausage, pastries, fresh fruit, lots of coffee and oj...and you could eat there by the buffet, but we saw folks taking plates and sitting my the pool to eat while their kids were swimming. Overall, we really enjoyed our stay, and will stay here again if we go to Manhattan.

Room Tip: Rooms on the opposite side of the pool are less humid, but the kids would've enjoyed these rooms...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We really appreciate your attention to our renovations and amenities. We hop you can stay with us again sometime in the future.