“should be #1”

Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Manhattan
STX
“should be #1”
Reviewed February 18, 2011

Defintely best place to stay in Manhattan. Comfy beds & nice, updated rooms. Should be #1 on tripadvisor hands down.

• Stayed January 2011
2 Thank LaurieMSTX

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
BRENHAM
Reviewed November 11, 2010

We chose this Holiday Inn b/c it was across the street from the K State campus and football stadium - only to find out that this is the OLD stadium - the new one is a short free shuttle ride away, one block in on campus. But back to this motel - modern decor, friendly staff and a short walk to Aggieville with it's cute shops and restaurants for the college crowd. We were here for our out of state football experience and did not venture to the newer parts of town, stayed right in this area. Campus is great, friendly people. Great experience. Motel perfect for our event.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cooltreats
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed September 20, 2010

..and they know so be certain to check prices as they fluctuate wildly depending on whats going on at the college. That being said, this is not your typical Holiday Inn -- it's much better! I have a daughter at K-State and have stayed here three times so far and each time I have been impressed with this hotel. The rooms are great, the staff is friendly and efficient and I enjoy staying here. Because of the price ($329.00 on one busy college weekend) I had to stay elsewhere, and I didn't like it nearly as much. I agree with the comment about Houlihan's - its nothing special, slow and over-priced. BUT.. you can walk to so many other great places that its not really an issue! If you're going all the way into Manhattan, KS you should (at the very least) get out and at experience Aggieville where you can find just about any type of food you would like! The hotel offers a free computer in the lobby as well as some pretty good coffee - which is great for early risers like myself! oh-- and parking is free and you can stay there all day when you visit the campus (where parking isn't free..or plentiful!)

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank RGS50
indianapolis
Reviewed July 31, 2010

Stayed at the Holiday Inn in Manhatten on the way back from Colorado. About 12 miles off I-70 but most Holiday Inn's were full and not much to choose from in Kansas. Nice check in. Nice outdoor pool. Room was nice. Only one elevator at the time , the other was being upgraded. Great beds very comfy. No free breakfast as others have mentioned. Close to campus though we did not have any business there. There is a Houlihan's attached also. Would definately stay there again.

Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank tuesdaypoolnight
Reviewed June 13, 2010

Other than the location, this hotel has nothing I would recommend. Our reservation was wrong - 2 doubles instead of a king. The hotel was full & the room couldn't be changed. The doubles are really glorified twin beds...tiny! We were assured we could change rooms tbe next day, but that was a lie. They were already booked & knew it...same thing the next day. The faucet leaked creating a slippery bathroom floor, one elevator was broken leaving long lines or a walk up 6 flights of stairs (the elevators are tiny - 6 people is a tight fit), and the walls are paper thin. We hardly slept while there.

• Stayed July 2010
2 Thank Hossenfeffer73
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed April 27, 2010

We took our teenagers to K State for an event and stayed at the Holiday Inn mostly because of the location. The hotel was clean, they welcomed us warmly and we got checked in easily. The heater/cooler in the room ran either really hot or really cold, so we got up a few times in the night to adjust it. They had a computer in the lobby with free internet and a printer. Houlihan's restaurant was all right - not like Houlihan's I remember. We ordered breakfast and it took really long and it wasn't that great - and that's just eggs and bacon. There were a couple of events going on at the hotel,- a frat social, and an audition for a K State calendar, but I didn't hear anything in our room. All in all, we weren't expecting a 5-star hotel and we would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
South Dakota
Reviewed February 1, 2010

I reserved a room with a king size bed for my husband and I. The trip was partly for my husband due to an appointment he had on the Kansas State campus and part romantic weekend for my birthday. The romantic part didn't not happen.

When we checked in, the front desk staff was in the mist of arguing with a customer over the phone. I wasn't greeted for a good five minutes. Then once they took my name and such, they informed me that I would be getting a room with two full size bed. I explained that I had reserved a room with a king size bed. I even had the reservations with me and showed them to the staff. She said that they simply had none available and I was out of luck. They didn't apologize and they didn't offer something, anything for this mistake.

They then asked for a credit card, didn't tell me what it was for even when I asked about the card. I had prepaid for the room so I was quite confused. Only after I continued to ask did they explain that it was incidentals. Was it so hard to tell me this in the first place?

Over-all, the staff looked at my haggered appearance (traveling while 6 months pregnant isn't pretty) and completely ignored me. The rooms were newly remodeled but small. It was apparent that the remodel was a lipstick job.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank shscaptain1234
MJuhnke, Guest Services Manager at Holiday Inn Manhattan at The Campus, responded to this review, February 4, 2010
We appreciate you staying with us and are sorry to hear about your experience at our hotel. We treat guest service as the hallmark of our hotel, and your review certainly shows that we did not live up to our high standards. Feedback is an important part of providing the service we require, so we appreciate you letting us know. We will be sure to address your concerns with our staff and do our best to ensure a situation like this does not happen again in the future. I will also be having a member of management contact you as soon as possible to inquire more about your stay and see what we can do to make things right.

Michael Juhnke