“Great Experience”

Holiday Inn Manhattan at The Campus
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Manhattan
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Everyone that worked there that we encountered was very helpful and pleasant. Alex,Hailey and Kara were willing to go the extra step to insure our stay was excelllent.
Room was nice, location to the campus and restaurant was a plus.
Great to see working college students with a positive attitude toward the public.

Room Tip: Holiday Inn at the Campus has clean/comfortable rooms with a great location across from KSU.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Laurie316
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Manhattan at The Campus

Reviewed April 8, 2013

If you're coming to Manhattan to do business at the university, this hotel can't be beat. It is directly across from the campus so you can just park your car for free at the hotel and walk to wherever it is you're going. The hotel itself is obviously an older, renovated hotel with I found the decor to be quite contemporary - surprising for the area. Check-in was quite easy and the staff was intelligent and friendly. My room was on the 5th floor but directly across from the elevators, and therefore noisy. I could have asked for another room but since it was a short, two day stay I decided against it. The bed was extremely comfortable but the pillows were odd-shaped and square. I would have preferred a regular rectangular pillow. Bathroom was nicely stocked with Bath and Bodyworks amenities but could have used a more thorough cleaning (I found a old Q-tip on the floor and some dust bunnies). The internet was fast and blackout shades were good. Overall I really liked this hotel except that there wasn't a free breakfast with my Hotwire rate, not even a continental breakfast. Houlihan's attached to the hotel is a nice sports bar kind of place, so even non-guests would lunch and dine there. Parking is plentiful and so are the dining options a few blocks away in Aggietown.

Room Tip: Anywhere away from the elevators on an upper floor.
1  Thank Bellablue80
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed here for a business trip recently. The location was nice (across the street from campus), but the property itself was a bit dated. The staff, however, was very helpful and the Houlihans on site made it easy to get a quality meal just about any time.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Manhattan at The Campus, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear bemison,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. I am glad that you found our location to be of convenience and our staff helpful. I regret you found our property to be a bit dated. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

I sincerely wish the next time you are in the area you give our hotel another try.

Regards,

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed April 7, 2013

I remember this hotel when it was a Ramada Inn, when I was a student at the university. It has been updated extremely well, the rooms are very well furnished, and the bar and restaurant are excellent. The best part, however, is the staff. They are top notch; always friendly, always smiling, and very willing to engage with the guests. The owner can be very proud of each and every one of them.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank JimL737
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I recently stayed at this Holiday Inn. I must say it was a very nice hotel value wise. In addition, I was on business trip, and had several minor requests that the staff assist me with. Thanks to Kara, Mike, Kristen, and Meridith for a great stay and A+ service.

The decor was also tastefully done, and was my room was spotless. Niceest hotel for the price in Manhatten, and right next to the campus and a hop skip and jump from Aggieville.

A Houlihans restaurant is attached, great food and also a good value.

1  Thank Mark S
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Wow. Very impressed with the property as a whole. My expectations were exceeded on many different levels. Most impressed with the little details that no one any longer expects. Great job Holiday Inn Staff.

1  Thank daytripper4157
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is very nice and close to campus which is a huge bonus. The beds are very comfortable which is important to me. However, the price is high and I'm not sure it's worth it. No free breakfast. The coffee in the lobby was ice cold. Not sure if will stay here again. Convenient though, we might especially if my daughter chooses KState as her school!

• Stayed: March 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Manhattan at The Campus, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

Dear nlcourt,