“Great Experience!!”

Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Manhattan
Carrollton, Texas
“Great Experience!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2010

I heard about this hotel through Kansas State University. I knew this was an older hotel, but the remodeling that has been done looks great. The pool area is wonderful and I give it an A+. The staff was extremely helpful and I felt very welcome. I plan to stay again next time I'm in Manhattan.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Kansas City, Kansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2010

I knew that this hotel was still being remolding. But i found the staff very helpful. The pool was great. I hope that the hotel is finish by fooyball season. I will stay here again over labor day .

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Yankee land
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2010

I arrived at 3:30 pm. Check in time was at 3 pm but my room was not ready. Since I could not get in my room, I could not change clothes and try the pool. (Assuming the pool was open. Perhaps it hadn't been renovated either.) The outside temperature was over 90.

Supposedly the rooms had been renovated. All of the fixtures and ceiling in the bathroom were old. Actually they were in the process of renovating. There was a refrigerator in the room, set on high, but it wasn't cooling because someone brilliant person had not plugged it in. Same for one of the lamps that didn't work -- no one had plugged it in. The renovation job was in process and rather sloppy and spotty.

What made the place intolerable was that I had been promised a hot breakfast that did not materialize. The breakfast room was hot and no one in attendance. When I went to the office (Regency Inn in another building) to ask about the breakfast, I was told that the waffle iron didn't work and that the clerk had only found half a loaf of bread to set out. After I pressed him, telling him that if I had known that there would be no breakfast I would have brought my own food, I was given a discount. But all of this hassle killed my intention for an early start. The only place we could find that was open before 9 am was IHOP. We tried to order their cheapest discount but it was still double the discount on the room. It also delayed us by 2 hours.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Wichita, Kansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2010

Do not stay here. The atmosphere is frightening. The room had a caved in ceiling, mols and filth. The staff refused to not charge our credit card even though we were in the room for less than five minutes. Will settle the matter legally-but wish to warn others-one would be better off with a tent.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank sadmom30

Travelers are raving about these Manhattan hotels

Denisa50
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2010

I have traveled all over the world and have never had such a fiasco happen to me as did at this place.

Apparently the hotel had just finished renovating it's outer most building. On the weekend we were there, there were basketball games going on, so several hotels had no vacancy. This hotel over booked in it's renovated building, so they put my daughter and I into the old building which we later found out had been shut down and readied for renovation.. According to the front desk manager, the heat was not turned on in our building until approx 1 hour before we arrived. It was 16 degrees outside and the cold air radiated from the floor, walls and tile in the bathroom. It was so cold that we couldn't keep our teeth from chattering long enough to call home and tell our family that we had made it to Kansas safely. There was mold along the baseboard in the bathroom and the tub drain was encased in rust. The only lock on the door was a rusty slide chain. The carpet was filthy and the smell in the room permeated our clothes and hair in the 45 or so minutes that we actually spent in the room. We were cold and very afraid to stay in this dank moldy smelling room. When I went to the front desk, the front dest mgr, Megan agreed to cancel my reservation, if I would have a Priceline Rep call her. So we turned in our keys to Megan and left to find a decent safe place for two women to stay 1000 miles from home. An hour later after getting a room at Fairfield Inn Marriott, I had Priceline call Megan at approx 6pm, but she had left for the day. That is when it got really ugly when "Bob" the G.M. came on the phone and screamed and yelled in his thick accent that he was not going to cancel my reservation. He further said it was not his problem. I would not have let my pets stay in that flithy, dangerous place. My daughter was there for an interview for Vet Med School at K-State...so this was a very important time to her. Being safe and getting a good night sleep was crucial for her Sat. morning interview. As a parent I could not let her spend the night before dealing with the horror of that place. As an adult, I had to get us somewhere safe for the night as we were very afraid in that room. In hind sight, I do wish we had taken some photos of these things, because it is hard for anyone to believe that someone would rent out a room in that shape.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business