“Friendly staff” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Little Grill
Ranked #27 of 184 Restaurants in Manhattan
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Jamaican, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Manhattan, Kansas
“Friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

I went to the Little Grill today after work with some colleagues. I really liked the atmosphere, which was very fun, although that may have had something to do with music festival starting just down the street.

I'm not super familiar with Jamaican food, as I've only been to Jamaica for one meal, so can't vouch for authenticity, but it was enjoyable. What would bring me back is the great staff and laid-back atmosphere.

One thing that I really appreciated is that, although it's not on the menu, there is a special vegetarian option if you know to ask for it. It was certainly nice for my colleague to be able to have as nice a meal as the rest of us.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Solomon, Kansas
“good experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

Really enjoyed the Llittle Grill. Nice out of the way location. I actually remember the building from when it was a bar in the early 70s. The inside was clean and nicely decorated. Our waiter (jojo?) was great. Very friendly and informative. Started with a Red Stripe beer for my husband and a Jamaican margarita for me. My drink was very tasty. We choose 2 of the specials of the day. The meats (jerked beef steak and pork steak, pork chop, and shrimp) were good cuts and well prepared. Fried plantains and grilled pineapple were good. The red beans and rice was excellent.

• Visited May 2013
Manhattan, Kansas
“Relaxed and delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

It's... relaxed. I think that's a nice way to put it. Don't go if you're in a hurry, but the food is delicious. Special concerts most nights are great too.

Wamego, Kansas
“Best in the area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

We recently attended a birthday party with 25 in attendance. The food and service were wonderful and we were served with politeness and in a timely manner.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank phototaker872
“Best kept secret in Manhattan”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Consistantly great food and atmosphere. Live music, Jamaican food and wonderfully decorated. What more could you ask for?

1 Thank kelsee66