“Great drive”

Cuisines: Jamaican
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I like to check out local favorites when I travel and was recommended The Little Grill from one of the local CrossFit gym owners. CrossFit people are known for being fanatical about their diets, and I like to try to keep my diet as clean as possible when I'm on the road for work, steering clear of the regular greasy fare that accompanies travel.

The drive to The Little Grill is very pretty, with the restaurant located in a very unassuming location in the middle of lush and hilly farmland. Although I wasn't completely impressed with the food - I ordered the Jerk Chicken that was recommended, but it came out a bit undercooked and I had to send it back - the jerk spices were great and prompted me to order a beer to take away the burn. Sitting at the bar since I was traveling alone, the locals quickly added me to their conversations. And before I knew it, I'd been invited to join them on the nearby lake the following day. Manhattan has some of the friendliest people anywhere!

So while my rating of the food is 3 stars, I add another star for the welcoming atmosphere and friendly people.

There are newer reviews for The Little Grill

Reviewed June 19, 2012

We had our first experience at the Little Grill north of Manhattan with another couple. We really enjoyed the scenery going to the location and after we got there enjoyed the dining experience. It was clean and the service was great. The food was wonderful. I had grill chicken breast, my husband had pork chops, our friends had the beef kabobs and grilled chicken also. We will go back.

1  Thank phototaker872
Reviewed March 7, 2012

Great authentic food. Live band and musicians almost nightly. You can have too much fun and drink a few too many rum punches. Be careful!

Reviewed March 5, 2012

The Little Grill is small and tucked away by Rocky Ford but it is worth the trip to find. Honest Jamacian food and mixed drinks that are wonderful. Fun and cheerful atmosphere and once the owner starts playing guitar settle down and listen its heartwarming!

Reviewed December 21, 2011

My mother loves eating here. The food is pretty good, but doesn't quite make a "great" rating. Don't get me wrong, I gladly go here when invited, but I've been spoiled by more authentic fare. Great place to grab an informal meal. Very friendly staff. Good drinks.