“Nice place, better than average”
Review of Famous Dave's

Famous Dave's
Ranked #42 of 195 Restaurants in Manhattan
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed August 10, 2013

it's consistent, which is good. But no big "wow" factor, though the corn muffins get rave reviews from my bread lover friends

Reviewed June 13, 2013

When we went came in we thought it might be a good place to eat but we soon realize that the food was not. I am a burger man and I order a burger. My though process is if your a BBQ than you know how to cook a good burger. Nope it wasn't really put together and it just didn't taste that great. Even my wife didn't want to eat her steak. We felt that we would never come back this place ever again. I would stay way from this places.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

We love the food here! We get the dinner for 2 that is served on the trash can lid! LOVE the corn bread muffins!!

Reviewed April 17, 2013

We ordered food to-go. I worked at another Famous Daves about 5 years ago so I know what it supposed to taste like. I got the 2 meat combo with Ribs and BBQ chicken. The ribs were extreamly dried out, then the chicken is supposed to have a lemon flavor in it and herb roasted with BBQ sauce. Well there was no lemon! Then they forgot the ranch dressing that I paid for to go on the side. Needless to say we will NEVER go back again! Sad to see such a good restaurant go down the crapper.

1  Thank bindy41187
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Whenever I see a restaurant tout itself as "world-famous" or merely "famous", I always have to ask myself: by what standard?
In a state where Barbeque is something that should be top-notch wherever you go, I found the food to be unworthy of its "famous" status.

FOOD: 3/5
My wife and I started out with a Nacho appetizer. It was really good, but just be aware that--as my wife commented--it looks more like a salad than a nacho plate and the few chips that are in there are pretty soggy from being buried in the rest of the ingredients.
For the main course, I had a Georgia Chopped Pork sandwich. The bun is absolutely boring which certainly didn't help the rest of the sandwich where the pork was a bit difficult to chew at times.
On the other hand, my wife liked her barbeque chicken, though she would have liked the broccoli to have been prepared more manageable and not "trees" huge enough for a Keebler elf to live in.
While I wasn't very impressed with the food this go-around there were a few other items on the menu that I'd be interested in giving a fair chance at some later date.

SERVICE: 4/5
The service was pretty good. Our drinks were topped off long before they were empty and our check was brought promptly.

ATMOSPHERE: 4/5
I don't usually eat barbeque, but the interior design looks pretty much how I imagine a barbeque place should look. There is plenty of seating inside and the place is quite kid-friendly, which is a point in their favor.

VALUE: 3/5
I've definitely had better BBQ--and better food in general--for the price we paid for our meal here.

OVERALL: 3/5
The food is certainly not terrible--far from it--but in my opinion is not worthy of "famous", either. The menu variety, child-friendly atmosphere and good service are worth coming back for, the food itself, based on this visit, left a little to be desired.

1  Thank james09173