“Gone downhill”

Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
USA
“Gone downhill”
Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

We were very disappointed the last time we ate here. The meat was dry and tough even when covered with sauce. I doubt we will be back.

2 Thank BigDog001

Junction City, Kansas
“Really bad barbeque”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

The barbeque here does not resemble any barbeque I've ever eaten. Go somewhere else if you want something that tastes good.

1 Thank marty29_12
“Not BBQ”
Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

As a fan of BBQ, we decided to try this place while in Manhattan. The first thing we noticed was no smokestack, and no woodpile. It is impossible to have "real" BBQ if it is cooked with anything but wood, I presume they use gas which leaves the food tasting like gas.

The restaurant is clean and well decorated. The staff was friendly and service was good. We tried the rib tips for an appetizer, they were horrible, only one or two bites of the entire plate were edible, the remainder was fat, gristle and tendons. THIS WAS THE WORST DISH I HAVE EVER HAD IN ANY RESTAURANT ANYWHERE!

We had chicken and ribs, they were mediocre at best, the chicken was grilled not smoked. No smoke flavor to the ribs.
The corn bread was good, the corn on the cob was horrible and over cooked. They had lots of different sauces, perhaps to disguise the fact that the brisket had no flavor and tasted like it wad cooked in a factory and reheated here.

I cannot recommend this if you like BBQ!

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“AWESOME Q”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I was traveling through JC and the hotel clerk recommended this place. Food was very good and the prices were reasonable.

Visited July 2012
Lindsborg, Kansas
“Good overall!”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I typically love BBQ, and this place hasn't truly disappointed me yet. There have been times when the service was a little slower and the ribs a little dryer, but it's not enough to keep me away!

Visited February 2012