“Still one of the best in NE Kansas.”
Review of Harry's Restaurant

Harry's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Harry's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 195 Restaurants in Manhattan
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 4th St
Reviewed July 26, 2012

The best part is that the kitchen has been run by the same people for decades it seems, and they can cook a mean... well... anything. Service was good, but a bit slow from time to time (course delivery was perfect, just slow enough to enjoy dinner but we didn't feel rushed), it took 10 mins for a second glass of wine to arrive. The main dining room was a bit noisy, so we opted to sit in the bar area for better conversation. The chorizo-stuffed bacon-wrapped dates were one of the better dishes I've had. Perfectly spicy, and the flavor was divine. Well done.

Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

One of the fanciest places in Manhattan. Perfect for a romantic date night, a business meeting or even for cocktail hour.

My favorite meal is their salmon. They have a food selection of wine, too. Their butterscotch punning was heavenly.

It is best if you make reservations, or be prepared to wait.

Reviewed June 23, 2012

We're used to fine dining in large cities here and abroad. This was highly rated, so we thought we'd give it a try as we were passing through the area.

Our server was very helpful and attentive. He brought us some sourdough bread. The crust was soft instead of crispy, and the interior was flavorless besides a bit of sourness. It could've been from the local grocery store and was certainly nothing special. The butter came in a small metal container and likewise was just your average butter which didn't bother us since we weren't there for the bread or butter anyways, but it kind of gives you the idea. Since we had a long drive ahead of us, we didn't want to order a large meal, so we stuck with just entrees as recommended by our server.

I had the pecan foccacia crusted trout with sriracha. It was a huge piece of fish covering almost the entire platter, with a wide squiggle of sriracha sauce along the side. It came with green beans and deep fried hush puppies. The fish was tasty and not over-cooked, though the crust was thick and a bit heavy. The green beans were a little tough but fine, and the hush puppies, while a novelty, were chewy. Maybe that's how they're supposed to be, but I didn't enjoy them. The fish was good though. I'm not sure who would want to eat pure sriracha sauce with their pecan crusted mild fish; it didn't seem to compliment it at all. I think the price was about 22 dollars which is not out of the ballpark, but which seemed a little high for a small town in Kansas.

My spouse had the fish special, which again was dredged in some crumbs and fried, similar to the trout. It was good, and it was served over a delicious bacon risotto with some asparagus. It was really tasty. Again, the portion was large. I'd guess there was at least 2 cups full of risotto and 1/4 lb of fish. Who needs so much food? The price was 25 dollars.

Our guest had the kobe beef burger, which was also really good. You can't go wrong with an outstanding burger, can you?

Overall, everything was reliably good, in general. The place was getting quite crowded by the time we left with nearly all the tables full. It's a pretty building with an old-fashioned vibe, upholstered wing chairs, patterened wallpaper, lots of interior trim, and very friendly service. Watch the stairs on the way to the restroom as they're a little dark.

Reviewed June 6, 2012

Is awesome, this place has excellent sandwiches. Very fresh. And the warm sides and entrees are delicious too. Personal and friendly staff. Don't care much for the restaurant side food...overpriced for the amount and quality.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

We live in a culinarily blessed part of the world, so never expect much when we go to smaller towns. But Harry's surprised us. It was very crowded and service was a little slow, but as we were sunk in comfortable wingback chairs with a nice view out the window of the garden and lovely architecture next door, it wasn't a problem. I had a fancy big city cocktail for $7, my husb a microbrew ale. They pour some nice wines by the glass, too. We browsed on the menu rather than just have two large entrees: shared a wedge salad that was nothing short of to die for; I had a delicious crispy arugula/pistachio/spinach pizza and my husb enjoyed the mussels with a side of creamy wonderful mushroom risotto. If we'd had a second chance to visit, I'd have had one of their great sounding salads and a side of risotto. A dynamite banana ice cream for dessert. Nice meal!