“Good Menu - Great Brew”

Little Apple Brewing Company
Ranked #4 of 190 Restaurants in Manhattan
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: "GREAT STEAKS, GREAT BEER" Welcome to the virtual home of Little Apple Brewing Company. Located on the west side of Manhattan in the West Loop Shopping Center,LABCo has become the destination place to enjoy great Certified Angus Beef Steak and fine, hand-crafted ales. Opening in 1995 in Manhattan, Kansas, Little Apple Brewing Company has built a reputation on the cornerstones of great Certified Angus Beef steaks and fresh handcrafted beers and ales. We are proud to have been recognized as a four time Kansas Beef Backer Award recipient and, in 2011, were honored with the National Beef Backer Award for Independent Restaurants. A member of From the Land of Kansas, our state's agriculture trademark program, we proudly support our local and regional farmers and producers, providing our patron a 'Farm to Fork' culinary experience in our ever changing seasonal specials menu. Through the years, Little Apple Brewing Co. (LABCo) has come to reflect the Manhattan, K-State, Fort Riley, and Flint Hills experience
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We went with a party of 6, they got us in pretty quickly on a Friday night. Diverse menu, something for everyone. Great french fries. Loved the microbrews.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

We were out and about in Manhattan and my spouse wanted to try this restaurant. A small but cozy place, we were seated right away and given their menu along with a daily special menu. After scanning the menu I saw the typical selection of sandwiches, salads and what appeared to be overpriced steaks (regardless that the steak selections were all Angus beef). Many of the sandwiches, fry section (yes, they had a fry section on the menu) and other items had an unusual "twist" or variance on them that made them a bit unique than the routine versions....not to mention they had catchy titles.

We opted for a appetizer of marinated olives, ricotta cheese and brioche bread (I think that was the bread selection). This was different and yummy, but after coming in ravished we asked for a basket of bread as we noticed other tables had them while we awaited our food. I think there were a few different kinds of rolls in the basket....some with poppy seeds, onions and a whole wheat option served with butter.
We also ordered the 5 beer sampler so we could try their beers. It was nice to find each very refreshing and we especially loved the seasonal blueberry one. Also worth noting is that our child ordered lemonade and it tasted freshly made (no countrytime here!)
Our food was served fairly quickly and we quickly learned that this food is FAR from your typical fair. My spouse ordered a black and blue burger which can be bought at many places, but this one was different. Everything about his sandwich had a deliciously different flavor that was amazing....the BBQ sauce, the beef.....just really threw us for a loop to have such a brilliant "burger." I will also add he ordered the truffle fries that are fries coated with truffle oil and truffle salt.....omg!!! You cannot visit this place without trying this phenomenal creation...even our small child was hooked! It was also served with a side of garlic aioli mayo (I think), which made them even MORE amazing.

My meal consisted of a crusty crabby patty sandwich which was a crabcake served with remolade sauce, tomato and fresh greens on toasted butter bread. This was also a very unique taste as well and was not as I expected a crab cake to taste. I was not fond of their remolade sauce, but the crabcake was of superior quality and did not taste like "breading" as they do when served in other places. I think if I ordered that again I would get the crabcake appetizer instead of the sandwich.

We are so glad we found this place and will definitely be back!! The daily special menu was so creative and we look forward to trying some items from it next time we go back. Kudos to the chef for making such fun and festive meals that are worth coming back for!

1  Thank DownhereinTX
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We heard alot of good things about this place and finally decided to come on in and have a steak.
It was a Friday night and it was busy. A 45 minute wait but I was determined to find out why the place was packed. I noticed many specials on the board including prime rib for 20. My husband was lucky to spot a free table in the lounge area so we went in and ordered dinner. Th waitress was friendly and even though she was busy gave us great service. My pribe rib came with choice of potato an green beans. Oh and a salad from the salad bar was included. That was the best salad I created ever!! The steak was a little fatty but cooked perfectly, all that was missing were some rolls. Although later I noticed another table had a basket full of bread I wondered why we weren't offered any. They must have great burgers too because we noticed alot being delivered to table. All in all it was a great experience and we will be back for burgers soon.
(I love bread) :(

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Had a really nice dinner at the Little Apple Brewing Company. The menu offered a nice variety of tasty items, the ale was quite good, the atmosphere welcoming, and the server delightful. They had a special on their black and tan (a really tasty stout and good balanced IPA) that set the stage for a very pleasant dining experience. Prices were reasonable.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

My favorite is the Black and Blue Salad and their Wildcat Wheat. They have a varied menu with changing brews. The staff is courteous and extremely knowledgeable of their product. It feels like you are with family while you are there.