“great new hotel in Manhattan, ks”

Best Western Manhattan Inn
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Manhattan
Mission, Kansas
“great new hotel in Manhattan, ks”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We spent one night in Manhattan inn as part of a weeks trip through the northern plains. for a week we stayed in Best western motels and consider this particular motel one of the best we registered with. A King size bed, quiet location, and good morning breakfast were available. I would like to note that the two desk clerks we encountered were gracious, and efficient in out transactions. I would certainly stay in this motel if in Manhattan again.
Reid Ecton , Mission, KS

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I stayed here a couple days ago while I was visiting my son at K State and my over all stay was great! A young lady by the name of Tristen on the phone was kind, accommodating and friendly. When we arrived she was very professional and very nice! The rooms were clean, bed was great and the hotel was more than I expected (especially for the price). Breakfast was wonderful and had a good variety. I would recommend Best Western for anyone staying in Manhattan KS.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Proudmama88
Sprague, United States
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Need more signs showing where to find this place! Still will stay here though after they vacuum! Staff answered my quested knowledagle and promptly. Very nice breakfast. I do wish they would have contacted me thoughas I did leave a shirt in the closet. Oh well.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Nebraska
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Desk clerk who checked us in was very friendly... even showed us to our room (which was just a little way from the desk) and explained that room number had recently fell off. This made me chuckle a little. Have always been disappointed with budget friendly motel options in the Manhattan area to be honest. I splurged a little on this trip and sprung for a room with a Jacuzzi as a surprise for my daughter. Room was clean and roomy. Bed looked lumpy and was not comfortable to sit on but I have to admit, I slept great. (I overheard another guest complain about bed needing flipped while he was checking out so thought I would mention that). My one BIG complaint I guess was that at a little after 10 pm I started hearing a banging sound. I quickly figured out it was a washing machine, apparently located VERY close to the room. It was quite obnoxious and to be honest, I would have complained, but my sheer laziness kept me from doing so because there was no phone in the room so I would have had to go to the front desk to do so. It stopped at about 10:45. I have to admit though, paying $100+ a night, I really shouldn't have had to deal with those sounds that late in the evening. The breakfast the next morning was ok. Was a little bit disappointed that the person watching over had time to tell me to open the waffle maker before I walked away but didn't have time to fill the batter dispenser so anyone could make more than half a waffle in a half hour (waiting for it to come out) BUT I did witness her being VERY nice and courteous to someone who came in after breakfast hours...he snuck some cereal and she came out and offered him juice and/or milk. Knew then that maybe I was just grumpy from laundry being done near my head the night before, besides, its not like I pointed out to her that the batter appeared to be empty.

I would rate the hotel higher, but I guess I am still frustrated by the fact that I have stayed at nicer hotels for less money, but again, I blame the area.

Room Tip: I guess only tip is don't request queen Jacuzzi room because you may be close to laundry facilit...
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Our stay was excellent, beds comfortable. Breakfast was good, but would of liked some bacon or sausage. Staff were very helpful and pleasant. Rooms were clean, pool was small but our boys had fun, no hot tub.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Independence, Missouri
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Mr. Wyatt met us at desk as we check in, he was very kind and helpful. I needed assistance prior preparing paperwork for the morning job, he was so helpful. Our room was co,mfortable it included a refridgerator, which we were happy to see, so ofter we bring things that we like to have later and was happy to have a place to put them:) I rested well. I was up at my usual 3:30 A.M. Mr. Kinsey was on staff at this time. I was greeted with a warm and sincere hello, upon my presence, he was kind enought to start a fresk pot of Coffee :) I explaind that my boss was Dietbetic and needed something to take with meds, he was kind enought to offer a variety, even at this early hour. This Hotel is very comfty the decor is nice and along with a computer for their guest, there is also a nice workout room. I'd stay again simply to relax and be treated so well. Thanks guys !

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank mamameea04
wichita
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Upon arrival I was happy with how things looked and how quickly I was checked in. I stayed for about 2 weeks. The location is good if you are doing business in the area because it is quick to get around.
The floors in the hallway and in my room seemed bouncy and uneven. In my room there felt like there was a hole under the carpet. As a walked down the hall the floor suddenly dropped and creaked like it was about to give up stability.
In my room by the sink on the floor was a red stain. I was unsure what it was but I made sure not to walk on it. The room has a nice big flat screen TV, a large refrigerator, and a microwave. The internet is wired and wireless and both work nice and fast. The A/C worked like a champ while I was there. The water pressure in the shower was good and hot = hot.
There is a Dillons grocery store and a Walmart nearby for shopping needs. A liquor store is within walking distance.
The breakfast was nothing special. It was free and I was happy to have it.
In the exercise room there are no free weights. Also when I arrived there was a Culligan type water cooler available with a big bottle of water feeding down by gravity. On about the 3rd day of my stay the water cooler went empty. I told the front desk and I was informed that it wasn't her job. I should ask in the morning. In the morning I told the front desk and they said that "someone" comes in at some point during the week and refills it. They couldn't do anything about it. About 4 days later I asked about it again and was told that it would be fixed tomorrow. It was never done. Speaking of water there is no free bottled water.
The room was clean but there are several marks on the wall and ceiling. The desk chair looked like someone or something had chewed on it. The calking around the windows was falling off and needed to be repaired.
As stated the shower was hot but the shower curtain was short. This let water out almost every time I showered. In addition there is a shelf in the shower under the shower head. On the first night I backed into the shelf really hard. Watch out for the shelf, it hurts. The shower area is painted about 5 different colors. It looks like there was a water or mold problem due to the paint and cracks in the wall/ceiling in the shower/toilet area.
Speaking of water and mold; towards the end of my stay I was convinced that the hotel had water damage in the past. This would explain the bouncy floors and weak feeling that they exhibited. Also when I entered my room I felt damp/clammy and the room smelled damp daily. Eventually my clothing started to wrinkle that was hanging in the closet.
Overall an average hotel. If I really had to I would stay here again but for only a very short period of time.

Room Tip: Room smelled damp, good location, weak/bouncy floors. Watch out for the shelf in the shower it hurt...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business