“Great Service, Predictable Menu”

Chili's Grill & Bar
Ranked #65 of 187 Restaurants in Manhattan
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Southwestern, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Slidell, Louisiana
“Great Service, Predictable Menu”
Reviewed February 27, 2010

Went here today; one of the last, if not the very last, restaurant meals I'll get to enjoy before I spend a year in Iraq. I wasn't expecting too much, but wanted to get out of the house, since tomorrow's my birthday. Anyway.
I was a little apprehensive, I realize these places are called "family restaurants" for a reason. But I still don't like that at most restaurants you get treated differently for dining solo. I've been blatantly ignored by servers before, and wasn't going to get my hopes up at this one.
My expectations were far exceeded. This place was PACKED, and for good reason. As soon as I sat down, my server was with me asking what he could get me to drink. He actually expended the time and effort required to squat down to eye level with me and patiently wait for me to order.
He came back with the water immediately, and never walked past my table without updating me on the status of my margarita, which took about six minutes to get. He took my order as soon as I was ready, and had my appetizer out to me within a few minutes.
He checked on me very politely just as often as he did the other guests. Not often enough to be annoying, but often enough to show he hadn't forgotten me.
I got a strawberry margarita. It was a little strong for my taste, but I'm kind of a wimp when it comes to liquor, so it'd probably suit most people just fine. I also got the fajita trio. It's what I almost always get, and it was about the same quality as usual. Not worth raving about, but didn't raise any eyebrows in a negative way, either. I ate it without hesitation, and have no regrets. Met my expectations.
When I asked for a box, he clarified how many I wanted, and brought my check with it! Amazing! I didn't even have to ask for it. Once again, he came down to eye level with me and asked if there was anything else at all he could get for me, and suggested water in a to-go cup.
50% tip, left very impressed. Will definitely recommend.

Conroe, Texas
“Fiasco”
Reviewed April 11, 2009

Soap tasting margaritas, UNcooked chicken, Wolf brand chili tasting chile con queso. Need we say more?

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Fast food by any other name smells just as bad.”
Reviewed May 28, 2008

Fast food by any other name smells just as bad.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Topeka, Kansas
“Very Positive Experience”
Reviewed March 23, 2008

My wife and I ate here after Easter services today. No waiting but they were busy. First time at this Chili's and a long time since we have been to any of these chain stores.

How can you beat the price? All you can eat chips/salsa, salad, and soup of your choice for $6.00!

The salsa is very good, the chips fresh, and the mango tea very good. The chicken tortilla soup was good but 'different' in taste and presentation.

Service? Excellent! The tea refill was delivered in a fresh glass before I was 1/3 done with my first glass without asking for it! All of the staff acted like they truly enjoy working here to help pay college expenses. You can tell by their interaction with customers and each other. (today they had 3 different wait staff serving the 8-12 booths or so in our little section so I could observe)

“mediocre”