“Best place to stay in the Little Apple”

Hilton Garden Inn Manhattan
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Manhattan
NY
“Best place to stay in the Little Apple”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Got lucky and managed to score a room the night of both K-state homecoming and a big football game. So glad we were able to stay there instead of the older, less polished motels around town. Generously sized rooms, great coffee, high ceilings and a perfect location made it a very comfortable experience. Closer to downtown than to Aggie-ville, probably a 5 minute drive to the K-State campus, but not at all inconvenient.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Brad E, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Manhattan, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Good Afternoon,

I wanted to take a moment thank you for your valuable feedback on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to hear that your stay with us was an enjoyable one. How often do you come back for home football games? The Little Apple definately does come to life when there is a home game.

Please feel free to contact me when you are in the area again. We would be delighted to have you stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Topeka, Kansas
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Rooms are extremely clean - and I'm extremely picky! Housekeeping staff very friendly and helpful.
Very comfortable beds and computer work station.
Front desk staff are exceptional: helpful, courteous, pleasant, and FAST. One young man checked in a huge conference crowd that descended on him and made it look easy and even fun.
Lobby is beautifully decorated, appreciate the tasteful decor but also the "homey" touches like the Halloween pumpkin contest.
I did not have the chance to eat the food but heard others say it was good. There are awesome cookies at the front desk, a really nice touch at check-in.
The workout room is small but excellent equipment - will work for even a hardcore exerciser.
I would definitely stay again and highly recommend to others.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Good Afternoon Ellie,

I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful experience during your stay at our Inn. Customer service is something that we truly strive for and in making each guest feel welcome and at home no matter who they are or how long their stay is with us.

Dighton, Kansas USA
Reviewed October 22, 2012

The staff was great and made sure I knew of the breakfast and checkout was a breeze
The rooms were quiet, very clean, hallways kept very neat and clean
Entry way to hotel very appealing, liked the pumpkin contest they were having, it shows they (the staff) do have fun. What a great place to work in and at. The "living area" when you first arrive feels very comfortable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Good Afternoon Patricia,

So, my first question is which was your favorite pumpkin and did you vote??? :) I mainly wanted to take a moment to thank you for your feedback of the Hilton Garden Inn. We truly do strive to provide a level of service that is memorable for each guest, whether they are attending an event or simply just visiting The Little Apple.

When you're back in the area please feel free to contact me and I'd be happy to provide breakfast on us.
Concordia, Kansas
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Thank you for an outstanding experience. It started with reservations when I mentioned that I needed a room that night as my husband was in the hospital. I was immediately given "the hospital rate". I arrived at 10 PM parked directly in front and was greeted with a smile and spacious room. The room was extremely comfortable, quite attractive, and provided everything needed after an exhausting day. Your hotel provides Manhattan with a level of stay that was needed. I know....we have spent many nights in Manhattan over the last 42 years!

Room Tip: The first floor is perfect....large, quiet and high ceilings.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Good Afternoon Suzy,

I am glad that we were able to accomodate your needs and that you had enjoyed your stay. Although, under such circumstances I do hope your family member is well and things are back to normal for you. I understand how stressful it can be with a loved one is ill and in the hospital. I am glad we were able to provide a relaxing respite for you.

Keeping you in our thoughts and please feel free to contact us the next time you are in the area as we would be delighted to have you stay with us once again.
Chalfont, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We've been to hotels throughout the US and in a few other countries, but have NEVER had an experience as memorable as this one. We came to Kansas from another state to adopt a child. We needed a place to stay for a few weeks until the adoption was finalized and one that would be accepting of a couple with an infant. The entire staff was not only accepting, they were like an extended family to us!! From the manager, Brad, to the sales department, staff at the front desk and everyone we encountered, this was as close to "home" that we could have ever imagined. We are putting together a scrapbook for our son and we want him to always know that new friends can be made every day. We made many during our stay. The first weeks of his life could not have been spent at a finer establishment and a place that neither he nor his parents will ever forget. We intend on returning to Manhattan in the future and there is no other place that we would consider for our trip. It's a beautiful facility, but made even more beautiful because of the people that work here.

Good Afternoon Rob,

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and included us to be a part of such a special moment as the adoption of your son and extention of your family. We are truly blessed to meet individuals such as yourselves. You and your young lad have definately brought smiles to each of our faces.

We would be delighted to have you stay with us once again and please keep in touch whether it be a Christmas card or simple shout out. Savor each moment while he is young because they do tend to grow all to fast.

Happy for you and thankful you had safe journey home.

Best Regards and Congratulations once again!!
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We visited this hotel while checking out Kansas State for my daughter. The hotel is new and we got a GREAT rate. We did NOT know that breakfast would be an additional charge. The good thing is that there was a small refrigerator and microwave. And a Walmart not far away:). The facilities were gorgeous but the front desk people were not all that friendly--which surprised me since this is KANSAS...

Room Tip: Bring breakfast if you don't want to spend an additional $8.95 a person
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Brad E, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Manhattan, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Good Afternoon,

I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your feed back on Trip Advisor and glad that you had enjoyed your stay with us. What an exciting time to find the right college for your child.

I do, however, wish to apologize that it was not mentioned to you in detail at check in the rate of our breakfast service. This should have been something that was mentioned to you. And the fact that my staff did not make you feel welcome. Customer service is something that we truly strive for and in making each guest truly feel welcome and at home no matter who they are or how long their stay is with us.

Next time you are in the area, please feel free to reach out to me and have breakfast on us.
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Excellent place to stay. My family stayed here after a KState football game and had a great time. The rooms are clean and the staff is very friendly. Parking is very convenient. Went to game.....came back to rest.....and went to Aggieville. Food and lobby area was new and spacious for a Garden Inn........ gift shop had several nice KState items.....I would recommend staying here if heading to Manhattan, KS

Good Afternoon Steve,

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your feedback on the Hilton Garden Inn, Manhattan. I am glad that you had a wonderful experience here in The Little Apple during KSU home Football and enjoyed your stay with us. Customer service is something that we truly strive for and in making each guest truly feel welcome and at home no matter who they are or how long their stay is with us.