“Always a decent price”

Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Manhattan
Olathe, Kansas
“Always a decent price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

We have stayed here multiple times and have always enjoyed it. It is always clean and comfortable. The staff is very nice and the breakfast is awesome. They serve waffles, eggs, bacon, yogurt, cereal, and much more.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
GMCsManhattan, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thank you for your review. We are very proud of the ownership our staff takes of "their" hotel as well. We hope to see you on your next trip through Manhattan.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Hays, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

Comfort Suites is located right across - literally walking distance for just about anyone - from Walmart and two great restaurants. Rooms are spacious and clean and most importantly - QUIET. My son and I were traveling to KC for the day and I would be late getting back. Hotel personnel were very accommodating, allowing me to check in early. There were rooms available on each floor and I asked the desk clerk what she suggested. She told me the 3rd floor would be quieter. I had a room away from the ice machine and elevator. It was great. Went down for breakfast both mornings. Nice spread with fruit, many yogurt selections, real eggs, sausage, bacon, and much more. Headed back next month - will stay again. :)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review and your also promised future business. Its exciting to hear when people enjoy their stay and wish to return on their next trip to Manhattan.
Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

We stayed one night in Manhattan, Kansas. I was interested in the Hilton Garden but the price difference made my husband want to try the Comfort Suites instead. Check in was smooth. We stayed on the 3rd floor room with two beds. The room was clean enough although there were a few stray hairs around and that was a turn off. It was apparent the room could use some deep cleaning not only because of the hairs but because the tops of the headboards and inside the nightstand drawers were dusty. Other than that the rooms were clean. The sheets, pillows, and mattresses were clean and comfortable. The room was spacious. The elevators were fast and we had no noise issues during our stay. If you have small children, please watch the windows. The windows slide open and have nothing but a flimsy screen between a small child and a three story fall. This is pretty terrifying. So, please don't turn you back if you have a small child in the room. I had a five year old with me and he had a blast in the pool area. There were quite a few guests using the pool and hot tub while we were there. For the amount of people I would consider the water clear and acceptable. The pool area was clean. Breakfast was the standard continental. The yogurt and waffles were good and I was pleased with the selection. I would stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Natasha W
Ft Lewis, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

I traveled from Seattle to Kansas to greet my husband when he returned from Afghanistan. Initially, I wanted to make a reservation at the Hilton Garden Inn, but they were sold out. I had a hard time deciding what my plan "B" was going to be since I've never stayed in a Comfort anything and the other options in the area were not that great to me. Well, I decided to try the Comfort Suites and I'm glad I did! Our stay was for 8 nights. We had adjoining rooms; a king suite and a double queen suite for our 2 children. Both rooms were spacious and clean. The service at the front desk was great, very professional! We enjoyed the pool, sauna, and excercise room daily. I will definitely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the Little Apple or surrounding areas. You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ArmyStrong98433
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

Just in town for a Friday night with friends. Real nice hotel for a Comfort chain hotel. We were caught a little off guard when we heard that a high school basketball team was staying on the same floor as we were, but found that they had been put in their own corridor of that floor, and the area was pretty quiet. The room was good, average room for 2 people with a mini-fridge. I was expecting a "suite", like the Homewood, so I was a little let down by that. The staff was efficient on check in.

Sleep quality was very good. Corridor was pretty quite, bed has very comfortable. Has a nice gym area, I did not try out the pool.

Breakfast was very impressive, probably the best part. Very wide selection.

It was a capacity weekend, and I had booked way in advance, however the day that I had booked online, they would not honor my AAA card, and neither would the hotel at checkin. That was a disappointment that would have changed my review from 'very good' to 'excellent'.

Room Tip: I have always liked high floor and away from the elevator, but in this hotel, it gets you a view of...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stayed here, for a the weekend, to welcome home our soldier from Afghanistan. The rooms were wonderfully, clean. The staff was great! They gave us a discounted rate for the meeting room where we held a "Welcome Home" party. They decorated with table coverings, 4th of July type centerpieces and a "Welcome Home" poster made up with our hero's name on it. Everyone was so nice and helpful with everything. It was refreshing to see a place where they really care about their customers. Wish we could take that feeling to every place we stay. Can't say enough good things about this Comfort Suites. Thank you to all of the wonderful staff!! You made our family feel very welcome and cared for!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Olathe, Kansas, USA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

This hotel needs to work on a couple areas.. First I was given a room on the 3rd floor and had to come back down to the front desk several times because my key didn't work. The front desk person never once offered to help me to my room to make sure I got in the second or third time.. They kept saying that they show the key is fine..Blaming me for the key problem ( like I want to lug my luggage up and down the elevator 3 times for no reasoon.. And all I have to say about breakfast is.. Eggs are NOT supposed to look like that. Overall could have been alot better for the money my company paid to stay here. Next time I am telling them not to book a room here.. Go with another hotel, the Hilton Garden Inn is newer and I have heard great things.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business