“unlimited food for a good price”

HuHot Mongolian Grill
Ranked #41 of 190 Restaurants in Manhattan
Cuisines: Asian, Mongolian
Dining options: Buffet
Description: Create your own Asian stir-fry! Choose from our fresh selection of meats, seafood, noodles, veggies and Asian-influenced sauces. Customize your Mongolian BBQ masterpiece, then watch as it’s cooked on our grill of epic proportions. It’s all-you-can-eat, so you can try as many combinations as you want! A unique dining experience for the whole family.
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I like that this is an unlimited buffet style, you can keep going back for as many bowls as you want.
Good selection of different meats and several of noodles plus tons of diff vegetables to throw in there.

It's kind of irritating that they offer you rice when you sit down, just a plain bowl, so I assumed I could mix it in with my stuff from the grill, or maybe it was for people who wanted rice instead of noodles... but when I took it up the grill guy said you weren't allowed to grill the rice. So idk why the server even brought it, who wants plain cold rice?

I'm willing to look past it tho, as I enjoy going here and trying unlimited different combos of sauces and foods you take up to the grill. Plus they cook it super fast so you're eating within minutes.

Since it's like the first section in the mall, you can eat and then shop around, or shop around and catch it on the way out.

There are newer reviews for HuHot Mongolian Grill

Reviewed September 18, 2012

I had seen a few HuHot restaurants in other locations, but had yet to try it. The sign at this one offered a Tuesday night special, so it being Tuesday, I decided to finally go in. It's a good looking place and the service is pretty good overall. My biggest complaint is that the meat at the buffet starts out frozen. Even after being cooked for about 5 minutes, I just didn't trust that the meat had reached proper temperature. I ate it sparingly but have a stomach ache now. The upset stomach could be attributed to that, the fact that I ate some stuff my stomach is not used to, or it could all be in my mind. Some of the flavors were good and I'm sure with practice combo-ing everything, one could make some great meals. I am not a big Mongolian grill fan, so that doesn't help. Secondly, this is definitely not a place I recommend for those with allergies to certain spices, vegetables, etc., as the food (while cooking and while sitting in the buffet line) gets inadvertently mixed together. Third, some people prefer rice over noodles, so having rice on the buffet line would have been a bonus. Fourth, if the meal comes with salad or soup, the server should have offered either to us without us having to ask for it well into our meal. Fifth, once seated, we discovered that the special "Tuesday discount" was conditional. Instead of ordering a water like I wanted, I was told I had to get a beverage. So the cost of the beverage totally negated the meal discount! One positive I did note is the large selection of items on the buffet. I won't be going back though because overall, bad experience.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

One of the best things about this place is you get to choose what meat, veggies, noodles and sauce combinations. If you do one that you don't like, then go get something else. Most important is to make sure you have at least 5 ladles of sauce and one oil. Mix it up a little or ask an experience HuHot person to give directions. They will be great helps.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

Very tasty and healthy alternative to so many of Manhattan's restaurants. The food is always fresh and the choices of sauces make this a winner for me.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

I took my wife and our kids here and the server at the door, "JoJo" was rude and pushy. Infact she saw us at the door and proceeded to bus 3 tables, take the dishes to the back and then tell us she needed to bus another table...(the place was pretty empty, they had plenty of clean tables!) She need insisted that we sit at a regular table and not a booth as we had requested (if you have kids you understand). The food was beyond great, the cook staff was friendly and even did some tricks for our kids, but "Jojo's" horrid demeanor overshadowed the outing....