“This restaurant simply does not have good food”

Timber Creek Bar & Grill
Ranked #2 of 16 Restaurants in Louisburg
Ballwin, Missouri
“This restaurant simply does not have good food”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

My wife and I ate there on a Saturday night in May of 2013 as part of a family birthday occasion. We wouldn't have picked this place to start with, but having now eaten there, for sure would not go back. My fish was simply barely edible and the sides were little better. It had to be frozen. In fact, it was so bad it makes me think of Robert Irvine and Restaurant Impossible where Mr. Irvine almost gags when sampling the food at a restaurant that is about to go under because it has such bad food. My wife was so turned off by the menu and appearance of other dishes that she just had an appetizer, which she didn't enjoy. No one at the table had anything positive to say about any of the dishes. There have to be better restaurants than this in Louisburg. If there aren't, then go on to another town if you want a decent meal, because you're unlikely to find one at this establishment. I don't like giving really bad reviews, but this place simply is not good (or at least it wasn't the night we went). Making the already bad situation even worse, the night we attended they had live music which I didn't like at all and was incredibly loud making it impossible to engage in any conversation at the table. Being fair, others in our party found the music to be better than I did. Bottom line is stay away from this place if you're seeking good food because there simply does not appear to be any here.

• Visited May 2013

Kansas
“Best Catfish and Best Bargain for Sunday Brunch!”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We ate at Timber Creek twice in the past month. First time was for an early dinner and we had the Catfish special- $7.95. It was truly the best catfish my hubby and I had ever had! Large portion of a fillet with cole slaw and fries. While there we noticed that the restaurant has recently started offering Sunday Brunch for $7.95 from 8 AM to 2 PM. We took three others with us for brunch and all enjoyed. Wide variety of brunch offerings from the traditional breakfast fare of scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, hash browns, cubed potatoes, pancakes (love 'em), biscuits and gravy, fresh fruit, cinnamon rolls, plus- ham and prime rib at a carving table, green beans, potatoes and gravy and more! Food was delicious, service excellent and definitely a great price. Plus a scenic drive south from the city!

• Visited July 2013
Olathe, Kansas
“New Owner and now a great value”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I wrote a negative review in August, 2011. We heard there is a new owner and gave it a try. Wow, what an improvement. We had the Sunday Brunch for $7.99. They had a buffet of fresh fruit, usual breakfast fare, prime rib, ham, ravioli, and 2 types potates, and other extras. The service was excellent, the owner visited each table while making balloon animals for the kids. The food was really good. This owner is working hard to bring in the customers. The facility is really nice and is now very clean. Highly recommend this restaurant now!

• Visited June 2013
Louisburg
“Worst BBQ Ever”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Greasy dry, old nasty meat. Horrible service. Nice place, nice fries, but combined with being overpriced, STAY FAR AWAY!

• Visited August 2012
Spring Hill, Kansas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Timbercreek BBQ - Horrible!”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

This is Timbercreek BBQ - which is right next door to Timbercreek Bar & Grill. I have never had such a bad meal. I ordered a $9 plate of burnt ends. I was served about a 1/2 cup portion of mostly fat. Fat on burnt ends? That makes no sense. The sauce they served was like water, it had no flavor. The meal came with plasticware which should have told me everything. You would have better bbq eating the McRib sandwich.

• Visited July 2012