“Cute, Quaint rooms that were quiet,”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lindsborg
Swedish Country Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Lindsborg
Hoyt, Kansas
“Cute, Quaint rooms that were quiet,”
Reviewed May 14, 2011

We arrived at check in time and were told they would not be ready for another 1/2 hour . Had to go and hunt someone down to tell us this ! Breakfast ...ah ....not impressive ...go elsewhere. ! Close to downtown was a plus . but everything closes at 5:30 so have something else to do for an evening !

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank Meandmysister

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
McCall, Idaho
Reviewed September 15, 2010

My husband and I came to Lindsborg a year ago and drove around to see the town. This trip we decided to spend the night. The Swedish Country Inn is a lovely Bed and Breakfast in the downtown area. The people are so helpful and friendly and the rooms are so cozy and Swedish!! The buffet breakfast was a real treat!! Delicious and authentic! We truly enjoyed our stay here and would love to come back again someday!

Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tonishel
Kansas
Reviewed November 22, 2009

We arrived at 12:35 to an empty lobby, after standing there for a couple of minutes I stuck my head in the kitchen where I heard people talking. I stated that we had reservations and the only response I got was a very unfriendly "check in is at 1:00". Thats it! Should have left at that point, but we didn't! When we got checked into our room we were very disappointed. The room was very small, barely room to get around the hard, lumpy bed. Their was a small corner cabinet that housed the giant tv! Seriously, it was about a 12 inch screen! The walls are very thin, we could hear every word of our neighbors conversation, thankfully they didnt stay up to late! The breakfast was a complete joke, not quite how it was described on the website. We were not greeted by the "hostess", after we got our food I had to ask her if we could have something to drink, she did not get a tip! The staff was not friendly at all, dont know if it was the innkeeper that checked us in or not, she never introduced herself. The gentleman that was there in the evening didnt even acknowledge us when we came in that evening. This was a special anniversary trip for us and our first stay at a bed and breakfast, we were extremely disappointed and would not stay here or recommend this place to anyone. The only thing nice I can say about it was that it was clean.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
4 Thank mamajuice65
wichita,ks
Reviewed July 15, 2008

The Swedish Country Inn is a very charming hotel located in downtown Lindsborg. I've stayed here at least once a year over the past 5 years and it has been consistently excellent. If you are looking for a cookie cutter chain, don't stay here. The rooms are furnished in a traditional Swedish style.

I love the breakfast which features the usual breakfast items as well as some traditional swedish favorites e.g. meatballs, bond ost, and yes herring! They also serve a homemade swedish tea ring. Swedish waffles are also available.

It's not the Four Seasons or a cookie cutter chain- Thank Goodness!

When I travel, I am more interested in staying some place interesting even if the free soap in the room isn't that exciting.

• Liked — Swedish Theme
  • Disliked — I wish it were cheaper, but it is worth the price
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank patrickh
Kansas City
Reviewed January 30, 2008

Could not ask for more! Greeted at the door by a friendly and helpful attendant. After arriving late, it was great for check-in to go so quickly, they where waiting for me and had my forms out and ready on the desk when I walked in! It was great to just go to my room and settle down. Everything was great. The room and bathrooms were clean and the atmosphere was really great with the authentic Swedish furniture. Loved the quilts too. Made me feel right at home. Breakfast in the morning was ok. The Inn prides itself on it’s heritage and that holds true for breakfast. I tried the tea ring, a pastry which was fabulous, but that’s all I tried, they did have corn flakes and waffles for those not so ambitious, (ie me). Check out was speedy and it almost came too soon, great town and hotel for a romantic weekend getaway!

• Liked — Check-in, Room Decorations
  • Disliked — Breakfast, but i'm a picky eater :)
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank agentj12345
Kansas
Reviewed July 8, 2007

We spent one night at this B/B and we were greeted to a very hot and humid room. So, we asked the clerk to check it out, they did and we received sarcastic remarks as though we were asking too much. We left at 6pm and told them we would return by 10 so they had ample time to fix the air or move us to a different room. When we returned there was a tiny little fan in our room. That was their way of fixing the problem. It takes a lot for me to sweat and I did my share that night. We've never been so miserable. The rooms were a joke and the linens on my kids roll-away were dirty. Don't expect any amenities here. If you need soap there was a hand dispenser in the shower. Also, the breakfast in the morning was not my idea of a breakfast. First of all the eating area was way too small. They only had two tables in the center that set 6 people and a couple 2 seaters around the edges. So you couldn't go eat if you wanted to. But back to the food - unless your Swedish - you might want to bring along a box of donuts or something. We had a choice of meatballs, raw fish and crackers. I did hear them say you could order a waffle if you wanted. We paid $119.00 for one night of misery and then didn't even eat any breakfast. I called and complained and was told the room was fine and I was wrong to complain then the phone was hung up in my ear.

• Liked — When We Left!!
  • Disliked — The Hot and Humid Room!!
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
8 Thank judewig65
Novi, MI
Reviewed March 25, 2004

We stayed at the Swedish Country Inn to visit family in the area. Loved the room, breakfast included in the morning, everything about the city.

5 Thank Jennifer P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lindsborg
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Salina
#21 of 31 in Salina
Hampton Inn Salina
Hampton Inn Salina
#5 of 31 in Salina

Been to Swedish Country Inn? Share your experiences!