“You just have to go”

Dorothy's House/Land of Oz
Ranked #2 of 4 things to do in Liberal
Reviewed August 8, 2014

We had a wonderful Dorothy who made our tour wonderful. She interacted so nicely with the smaller children. It would be nice if they could update some of the faces in the Land of Oz. The people are not life like.

There are newer reviews for Dorothy's House/Land of Oz

Reviewed August 7, 2014

My mother in law and my daughter are huge Wizard of Oz fans, so this was a fun experience. A real live Dorothy gives the tour of her house and acts out the movie in the Land of Oz. You can follow the real yellow brick road to meet all the characters and play in the munchkin playground. It was fun over all but they need to redo some of the peeling paint.

Reviewed August 2, 2014

I'm a die hard Oz fan and have been wanting to visit this place for years, but I live 5 hours away. My husband had to go to Liberal for certification testing so my 9 yr old daughter and I went along just to see this attraction. I would not go out of my way to see this, but if you are passing by or in the area, it is worth a stop. We had an awesome tour guide who really made this enjoyable. You get to see a replica of what the house would have looked like and then you get to see the land of Oz with most of the scenes re created. I've seen a lot of reviews about how bad some of the displays were badly put together but all in all I thought it was cute. This attraction made me not regret coming with my husband to Liberal. If you enjoy the movie, I think you would enjoy this.

1  Thank hmiller6
Reviewed July 19, 2014

I loved going here. I was giddy like a little girl. Wizard of Oz has always been one of my faves and so it was really great to go here the grounds are adorable. It takes an hour or two but it is really fun and interactive there is a great Minchkinland play park perfect for picnics. The yellow brick road is really nice and Dorothy is roaming the grounds and happy to pose for pics. Do not skip this!,

Reviewed July 15, 2014

We loved it! It's an attraction that only takes an hour to two hours but it was fun. My granddaughter is enamored with The Wizard of Oz.. She insisted on wearing her Dorothy costume from Halloween. We got lots of great pictures and our tour guide (Dorothy) did a great job taking us through all the scenes in the movie that are portrayed in the museum. We also spent some time exploring on our own. It's not Disneyland but it's a great little attraction. If you love the movie, you will love this!

1  Thank ktaylor1958