“Only thing Worth Seeing in Liberal”

Dorothy's House/Land of Oz
Ranked #2 of 4 things to do in Liberal
Junction City, KS
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Only thing Worth Seeing in Liberal”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

I'm a die hard Oz fan and have been wanting to visit this place for years, but I live 5 hours away. My husband had to go to Liberal for certification testing so my 9 yr old daughter and I went along just to see this attraction. I would not go out of my way to see this, but if you are passing by or in the area, it is worth a stop. We had an awesome tour guide who really made this enjoyable. You get to see a replica of what the house would have looked like and then you get to see the land of Oz with most of the scenes re created. I've seen a lot of reviews about how bad some of the displays were badly put together but all in all I thought it was cute. This attraction made me not regret coming with my husband to Liberal. If you enjoy the movie, I think you would enjoy this.

1 Thank hmiller6

Kansas City, Kansas
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“There's no place like Dorothy's house”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

I loved going here. I was giddy like a little girl. Wizard of Oz has always been one of my faves and so it was really great to go here the grounds are adorable. It takes an hour or two but it is really fun and interactive there is a great Minchkinland play park perfect for picnics. The yellow brick road is really nice and Dorothy is roaming the grounds and happy to pose for pics. Do not skip this!,

Chandler, Oklahoma
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Dorothy's House - everyone welcome!”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

We loved it! It's an attraction that only takes an hour to two hours but it was fun. My granddaughter is enamored with The Wizard of Oz.. She insisted on wearing her Dorothy costume from Halloween. We got lots of great pictures and our tour guide (Dorothy) did a great job taking us through all the scenes in the movie that are portrayed in the museum. We also spent some time exploring on our own. It's not Disneyland but it's a great little attraction. If you love the movie, you will love this!

1 Thank ktaylor1958
Kansas City, Kansas
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“We Went to See the Wizard”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

My family traveled all the way to Liberal, KS to visit this attraction. In order to tour Dorothy's house and Land of Oz, we had to go to the gift shop and purchase the tour. When we walked in, "Dorothy" greeted us and told us we could look around if we wanted because the gift shop was a museum also. So we obliged and looked around. The museum was all about Liberal and talked about ghosts towns in Seward County, which was interesting. We also took the tour with "Dorothy" through the house and Land of Oz. Along the way we walked on yellow bricks that had names of visitors and the cast of the movie on them, which was very neat. The house was set up like it would have been in the time era of the movie. It had all kinds of contraptions that were interesting to see; like Aunt Em's sewing machine, Dorothy and Toto's beds, the kitchen with the special refrigerator and egg storage. The Land of Oz was cool. "Dorothy" acted out scenes of the movie while standing in front of small "stage sets" and that was cool to see. At the end of the tour, she showed us a room full of memorabilia from the movie and of some of the movie cast. All in all it was very educational. I would recommend going to this attraction if you are close to the area.

1 Thank n N
Monee, Illinois
98 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“So Hokey”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Move right on past this one. It is so contrived and hokey. Almost as bad as the Oz Museum in Wamego. Watch the movie instead.