“Dump”

Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Liberal
Wisconisn
“Dump”
Reviewed April 23, 2009

It was late afternoon and a convention in town. Pricey at $79 +tax due to convention. Furniture in our room was in really poor shape. The odor of the room included urine, musty and cigarette smoke. Left the door room open to try to air it out but no improvement. Had we not just driven +600 miles and the convention was in town, we definitely would have moved. I would have complained to the management but when we went in for continental breakfast, no one responded to our ringing the bell. I definitely would have asked for a discount. Just never stay there. One of the couples we met at breakfast also complained about the price and that there was garbage still in their room when they entered. They too were in a bind as all the motels were full.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank irish-grammie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed June 24, 2008

First off, this is a BUDGET hotel. You get exactly what you pay for. If you can't afford more than $50 plus tax, this is probably the best of the bunch. What you get is a 1960s hotel that's been renovated. It has a chain name but is a franchise run by a local family who lives on site. The room was small but clean. The bed was comfortable. The staff was friendly.

My only complaint was, as is so true with so many budget hotels, with the air conditioning. I swear, budget hotels never change the filters in the A/C, or even spray bleach on them to kill mold and germs. Consequently, they stink to high heaven. Who knows what you're breathing? As it was positioned in this king room, it blew on my head half the night (until I got up and piled a bunch of luggage in front of it so it wasn't blowing on me directly). I had a cough in the morning, and 3 weeks later, I still have it...the doc says it's an allergy.

No, I would not stay here again, because, four nights later, I stayed at the Days Inn down the road 1/2 mi. for $8 more and got a much newer room that was in better condition. But, again, if price is all that matters to you, this one is probably the best hotel in LBL.

• Liked — The price
  • Disliked — The air conditioning
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank PickyTravelGuy