“Impressive Collection”

Mid-America Air Museum
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Liberal
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We stopped at the museum because we were in Liberal. It was well worth the time and would be worth a trip to Liberal for anyone interested in aviation. Upon arrival, we were greeted by a friendly and helpful worker whose enthusiasm for the museum was evident. With over 100 vintage aircraft, this is the 5th largest aviation museum in the country.

There are newer reviews for Mid-America Air Museum

Reviewed August 10, 2012

Visited this stop on field trip with my daughter. Wow! I loved it. It has traveling exhibits and a large collection of airplanes. Moreover, it has a knowledgeable staff to help guide you along. It also boasts it has a haunted plane.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

I visited on June 30, 2012, specifically to see the outdoor displays which include The F-14 Tomcat and various other more modern military aircraft, only to be told on arival that those displays have recently been put off limits by the city of Liberal Kansas. The museum is overall decent with a nice variety of aircraft. But with the best aircraft off limits, I still left disapointed.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

Visited the museum on June 30, 2012, and was told by the attendant the the city of Liberal has made the museum stop allowing visitors outside to see the aircraft on the flight line. The displays outside and off limits include; F-14 Tomcat, F-8 Crudader, A-7 Corsair , A-4 Skyhwak, F-105 Thundercheif, and an OV-10 Bronco. The musuem is otherwise okay, but with their best exibits outside and off limits, it soured my experiance since the outdoor aircraft were the only reason I made the trip in the first place.

Reviewed June 9, 2012

We took my kids and some of my nephews and they all enjoyed it.