“Area was questionable, hotel okay”

Quality Inn & Suites Lenexa Kansas City
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Lenexa
Reviewed February 26, 2014

The hotel was a little dated, although it looks like there have been some updates. Elevator looks old and dirty even when freshly cleaned. Breakfast was decent with typical waffle maker, bagels, etc. Staff was pleasant and helpful. Room was clean with comfy beds. Pool was clean, though hot tub was almost too hot to use. My biggest complaint was the area. Although it was conveniently located to shopping and restaurants, it backs up to an apartment complex, with another right across the street. The general area is nice, but we saw police activity at both complexes in the 3 days we were there. It definitely made you question your decision to stay here. Overall, I might choose another hotel if we were to come back to this area.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank suzannenok
lenexa, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Lenexa Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Thank you for your time to review your stay with us. I appericiate the time you have taken from your busy schedule to let us know where improvement is needed so that we can work in that direction. Hope we will see you again if you been this area.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

We were in Kansas for the birth of our grand child. The hotel was just off I-35 between the hospital and our children's home.
The heat was off in our room when we arrived. I was able to locate the reset button and get it back on. The room was warm in a few hours. The next morning I asked the front desk clerk to check it for us and to replace the broken carafe on the in room coffee maker. All was done when we returned in the afternoon. We had no more problems with the heat.
All the staff of the hotel was very friendly and helpful.
We slept well as the bed was very comfortable. Room was clean.
Breakfast was average. Everything was good just nothing special. It was put away promptly at 9:00 am. Everything was clean.
We stayed 5 days this trip and will stay there again when we go back.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Charles M
lenexa, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Lenexa Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Thank you for the time to share your experience. We look forward to see you again very soon.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

I stay with this chain often. This Comfort Inn has both rooms and suites. This property is above average for this chain and brand. There are many places to eat just east of this property.

Access is a little challenging. Look carefully at a map on how to leave the property to get back to the main highway from which you entered.

Beds are on the firmer side of normal. Breakfast is typical of the Comfort Inn chain. Staff was accommodating. For the value of others in the area I would stay here comparing price and ambiance.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
lenexa, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Lenexa Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

Thank you for your time to share your experience about the stay. Hope will see you again if you be in this area.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

The Comfort Inn in Lenexa, Kansas, is a fairly good choice, and the cost was great! The property sits right off I-35, so it's very convenient for travelers. With fast food places and convenience stores very nearby, it is off the main drag, so there isn't much traffic to battle or to hear; however, it is easy to get to. Rooms had the normal appointments, but the walls are rather thin, so guests will have to stand others' TV noise. I didn't do the free breakfast, but many people were in the "dining" area. The desk help was patient, efficient, and knowledgeable. I'd return if I needed to be in the area again in the future.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your feed back and review of our property. Will see you again .

Reviewed October 10, 2013

This Comfort Inn could use some updating on the entrance but the service was superb! We were greeted by a warm and friendly face. The front desk clerk checked on us as we left for dinner and upon our return. The room was comfortable, although I did rearrange the furniture a bit! I think it looks better now!

Room Tip: I always prefer top floors away from elevators and ice or vending machines!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your time to review your stay at our property. Please keep us in mind for your future stay.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Bait and switch is alive and well. I had a coupon booklet for $62 on a weekend. I called and was told rooms were available @ $99 a night. I showed up with my coupon and was told those rooms were sold out. There were two (2) other cars in the lot when I showed up. The room was $89 because I was a frequent traveler. The room was clean and comfortable. HD TV and free WiFi was a nice upgrade in the room. I later found out that it was a NASCAR race weekend in Kansas City and hoteliers are famous throughout the US for ripping off those NASCAR folks on race weekends. Get a NASCAR schedule and do not travel anywhere near it.

Room Tip: A single central elevator means the rooms at the end of the hall are a short hike.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Checked into Comfort Inn because we needed a place to stay for the night and the hotel was amazing. Looks average from the outside, but inside everything has been updated. Rooms are inexpensive, but first class with all new furniture and carpeting, as well as updated bathrooms. Very, very clean, the breakfast was very good, and the staff was exceptional. Location is great too. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling and will definitely stay at that location again when in the Kansas City area, even though it's in Lenexa. Absolutely loved it!!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms have inside entrances and there's an elevator. We stayed on the second floor and it was j...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Patricia W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenexa
La Quinta Inn Kansas City Lenexa
The Clarion Hotel Kansas City - Overland Park
Hyatt Place Kansas City/Lenexa City Center
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park West
WoodSpring Suites Kansas City Lenexa
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Overland Park

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Lenexa Kansas City? Share your experiences!