“The very best” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Lenexa
A TripAdvisor Member
“The very best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

Very clean, Very friendly staff one of the best hotel we have every stay at!!! Would highly rec . We had to go down for a evaluation at Kanasa University and the staff was great and so understanding . We even had to stay an extra day and it was not a problem. The have a Denny's right next door and we got a discount . It's right off the hwy so very easy to get around. Thank you for a great stay!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Bernard B, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Kansas City Lenexa, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
We appreciate your feedback and are pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay at Kansas City - Lenexa La Quinta. We look forward to providing you with exceptional service in the future.

La Quinta continuously strives to create memorable moments with our guests, through people first service and clean comfortable accommodations. We stand by our commitment to serving our guests to our best ability and hope to always exceed your expectations.

We will see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Iola, Kansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

I stayed at this hotel on two separate occasions during the month of Jan. and Feb. During the first four day stay, the room was musty and the bathroom had hair but I could deal with both these issues. The breakfast food was fine except the yogurt was out dated a week.
I was booked my second stay for four nights but stayed one due to the conditions of the room. Again the bathroom had hair on the floor, but the room was less musty. I left the room and hotel due to black BUGS in the bed, under the left pillow. The hotel gave me a new room that night but only gave me 10 min. to move and did not offer to assist me. I was not able to sleep that night due to checking the room for bugs and being uncomfortable. I was not offered any compensation for this issue.
During both stays, the issues included the gaps in the door that allowed for both light and sound. The bathroom tub had a drop that was not noted on the wall or a handle to allow for easier decent. The wifi did work great on both occasions.
I will never stay in this hotel again or recommend this to my business. I have stayed at other La Quinta establishments that I have had absolutely no issues with, the management/ownership of this establishment may be what makes the difference.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

2 Thank Heather O
Bernard B, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Kansas City Lenexa, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
We truly appreciate your feedback; it is our goal to provide you with a positive, memorable experience each and every time you stay with us. We apologize that your experience was not what you expected from La Quinta.

Your continued satisfaction and trust in La Quinta are our top priorities. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel, I would more than glad to address the matter.Thank you
Los Angeles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights and found it to be an excellent value for the price. My room had 1 kingsize bed which was very comfortable. It also had a small fridge and microwave. My room also had a giant desk facing the tv. An excellent place to charge my ipad/phone. Wifi was excellent - a strong signal. I ordered Papa John's Pizza one night and they delivered right to my room. The front desk people were courteous and polite. I will stay here again next time I'm in town.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dodge City, Kansas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

For years we have stayed La Quinta all over the country but this was the worst. The stairways were used as smoking areas, strange characters in and outside of the hotel, the adjoining Denny's was not a pretty place. The area is on the decline and we were happy to get out of there. Someone checked in with a big dog that barked in the room. At the breakfast they ran out of coffee, orange juice, batter for the waffles, and there was no place to sit. I really felt like I had landed in the losers' locker room with this one.
All of the other La Quintas where we have stayed have all been fantastic, not this one.

Room Tip: This place is as bad as a motel 6.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank John M
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

We have stayed at numerous places in KC, but this was the most outstanding for the price. Microwave and refrig in the room. Nice sized room, big enough to really relax in. Close to so many restaurants, we can walk to them in good weather, because we are coming back to this place, next time we are in KC!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

Friendly people, very willing to assist with any requirements. The rooms are spacious, clean and Comfortable. There are a good choice of restaurants and fast food restaurants within walking distance from the Hotel.
Good value for money.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank ScotVenter
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenexa
Quality Inn & Suites Lenexa Kansas City
Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City - Overland Park
Hyatt Place Kansas City/Lenexa City Center
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Overland Park
La Quinta Inn & Suites Overland Park
WoodSpring Suites Kansas City Lenexa

Been to La Quinta Inn Kansas City Lenexa? Share your experiences!