“Gets a Four From Value”

Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Lenexa
Alexandria, Virginia
“Gets a Four From Value”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I'm in Lenexa several times a year and have tried all the hotels at the Lenexa exit; this is my new favorite. This is a low three-star hotel; very friendly staff, hard working, place is old but kept clean; it gets an easy fourth star just from sheer value. Less than $60 a night in a area full of hotels. My clock was off by an hour, and the staff didn't seem to know where a local grocery store was, but the room was comfy. The breakfast is very continental-- basics only, so if you need more than toast or cereal, you may want to go elsewhere; my wife may not have been as happy (although it has the biggest tub I've seen in a regular room in a long time). If I have to go back alone, this is my new hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed October 29, 2013

First the caveat: I'm in the KC-area occasionally for seminars, workshops, etc. Most of my time is spent in a classroom (i.e. very little time in the hotel)... I only need a clean bed and hot shower, so my standards are pretty basic.

The good: The room felt relatively clean and smelled neutral. Seemed like new carpet in the room. There was a mini-fridge and microwave, but I wasn't in the room long enough to use either. Plenty of hot water in the shower. The property felt safe; door locks worked properly, lobby was staffed, parking lot was well lit (and I always feel a little safer when the room doors are on the inside vs the doors-on-the-outside motels). Breakfast was simple but adequate: self-serve waffle maker, fresh bananas, yogurt, and cold cereal. Location was awesome -- right off the I-35 expressway (and very close to I-435), but far enough off the exit ramp to provide quiet from the highway noise.

The not-so-good: The room was dark -- even with all the lights on, it just felt really dark. There was a hole in the ceiling with wires coming out of it right above the bed (room 108)... like there was supposed to be a smoke detector there or something. A couple cigarette burns in the chair were notable. Most annoying to me was the complete absence of an electrical outlet by the night stand. The only outlet near the bed was directly behind the bed, under the headboard. (It drives me nuts when hotels don't have extra outlets near the nightstand!) Similarly, the outlets near the desk were low on the wall behind the desk. I hate it when I have to move furniture away from the wall and/or unplug lamps to plug in my phone charger, etc. The mattress was very, very firm, and the pillows were hospital-grade (they suck).

All-in-all, I rate the room average for the price. I'll stay here again (in fact, I've already got future reservations made for future conferences, etc.). In a nut-shell, it's a reasonably clean, safe place to crash for the night.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank robstraveler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenexa
Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Lenexa - 95th St.
WoodSpring Suites Kansas City Lenexa
La Quinta Inn Kansas City Lenexa
Quality Inn & Suites Lenexa Kansas City
Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City - Overland Park
Super 8 Overland Park KC Area Near Convention Center

Been to Super 8 Lenexa Overland Park Area? Share your experiences!