“Great place to stay”

Clarion Hotel Kansas City - Overland Park
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Lenexa
Reviewed July 31, 2012

My son was in a basketball tournament July, 2012 in Kansas City. We stayed at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Lenexa, KS and had a pleasant stay. Glenn R. was tremendously helpful in making sure our room was perfect! We appreciated the hospitality and friendliness!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
jkalbert, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Kansas City - Overland Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2012

Dear ME:

Thank you for the comments that you provided to me outlining your stay with us last month. I have shared your comments with my Guest Services Representative and he was excited that you took the time to let us know how well he provided great cusomter service. It's always a great feeling to share comments to our employees when they do a great job.

Thanks again and we look forward to working with you again on your next travels through Kansas City.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

We were traveling back to Texas from Wisconsin and decided as a Priority Club member I was going to stay at a Crowne Plaza knowing the chain. We were using a coupon for the room rate and it offered a great price. I met Marcus H at the front desk. Great guy for the front desk is an understatement. This guy was great! The place was packed with sport teams and all they had left was rooms with king beds. There were 3 of us traveling. He offered to add a AeroBed to the room at no extra cost. By the time it was done he had to track down the coupon code, add a bed and find us a room. He did a great job. Can't say enough about his attention to detail.
Now to the room - We checked in at 10:45 PM and went straight to the room and right to bed. We had been driving for 15 hours and didn't pay much attention till the morning. When I went to shower there were 2 towels hanging on the shower curtain and a soap and shampoo left in the shower. There was also a bag full of water in the ice bucket. The rest of the room was clean and nice but housekeeping missed those items. I think it may have been because they were so crowded this weekend.
The hotel itself was very nice as most Crowne Plaza's are. I will stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
jkalbert, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Kansas City - Overland Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2012

Dear 7282012:

Thank you for recognizing Marcus for doing an outstanding job for you. He is a great addition to our staff. He will be thrilled by your comments and we look forward to sharing them with the other team members as a training tool on customer service. I am dissappointed to see that you had experienced a not so clean room with things that were left behind by the housekeeping staff. I can assure you I have addressed these items with our Executive Housekeeping and I know she will fix the problem through training and coaching of the employees that were involved.

I look forward to your return and I hope that you will stop and introduce your self to me so that I can personally thank you for your comments.

Safe Travels:

Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

Our family stayed here one night as we were traveling through KC. We have been staying at Priority Club hotels this trip, and this was definitely one of the better ones. The service was excellent. The rooms were slightly smaller, yet very clean and newly furnished. They even gave us free breakfast with our priority club, and the breakfast buffet was top-notch.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Drdlee

Dear Mr. Drdlee:

Thank you for your review and recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City-Overland Park. I am very happy that you found the service to be excellent. I know that the employees enjoy knowing that they are doing a great job and being recognized for their efforts. We want all our guests to experience great service and we will continue to strive for that goal. We hope that you have a great remainder of 2012!!

Safe Travels

Reviewed July 29, 2012

This is a great place to stay. Good location, and Sleep number beds in the rooms. Very good breakfast buffet with superb staff. Only cons were the very small bathrooms. We were very pleased with our stay here.

• Stayed: July 2012

Dear C716:

Thank you for your recent comments from your stay at the Crowne Plaza Hotel KC-OP. We appreciate you letting us know how we made your stay wonderful. I will take your comments and share them with our staff and I can assure you that they will be excited to know how they are doing. Again, thanks for your comments and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza for 6 nights during our trip to the 3and2 Baseball World Series. I cannot say enough about how much we enjoyed our stay! The staff was wonderful and went out of there way to help whenever we needed anything. The breakfast buffet for teams was fabulous and greatly appreciated. Even the staff at night who evicted us from the atrium nightly at 10:00 was pleasant and offered to open up a meeting room for us to continue our "meeting".

The kids loved the pool and hot tub, and the location cannot be beat!

Great location, great staff! Thanks Jerry!

Dear Mr. jm20246:

Good Morning:

Thank you for your comments from your visit while playing in the 3 & 2 Baseball tournament. We hope you had a successful finish at the tournament. As you know we host many sporting activities at the Crowne Plaza Hotel due to how our facility is laid out. We have to play many roles in how we assist teams that stay here. We are very happy to know that the services that we offered to you is working. We appreciate your comments and know that they will help us to continune to provide great service to all future teams that stay with us.

Thanks again and we look forward to your return to KC.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

My coworker and I had the best experience staying here for our work visit to Kansas. We couldn't have been more impressed with the Customer Service, especially considering we were actually out here to teach a customer service class ourselves. From the hotel staff helping us ensure we got our work presentation printed and enough copies made (the business center was down and they were willing to allow us to use their offices), to the manager on hand who was dealing with a room service order we placed giving us $5 because he decided the food took too long (we didn't really even think twice). You can really tell that every staff member has the same goal in mind; to have every guest experience the best stay possible, whether it is for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: Rooms with a street view might be quiter than those facing the indoor pool but we had a pool view an...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Good Morning Ms. Shawnna P.:

Wow, Shawnna, thank you for those kind words. I am excited to share this information to our team at our next Celebrate Service meeting in August. These comments are the motivation a team needs to show that their hard work is appreciated. If there is anything that I can do for you, please do not hesitate to call us on your next trip to Kansas City.

Best Regards,

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Great location for baseball teams to stay, but..... Sleep by number beds could not get repaired in 3 attemps. First night slept on the base, second night started with an inflated bed, 3rd night pushed air around and pressed remote to add 5 lb at a time until it said 100.....still flattened out. Several players rooms were having problems cooling down, after changing filthy filters the air started working. Front desk staff was very pleasant and attempted to get things repaired. The "chef" from the bar/lounge was full of himself, needs to remember that it is not an upscale eatery.

Room Tip: Get a room with a regular mattress, not a good experience with the Sleep by Number system.
1  Thank geno_koehler

Dear Mr. geno_koehler:

Thank you for taking the time to share with us comments from your stay. I apologize for the inconvenience that you had experienced. I have taken your comment to each department manager to discuss each detailed that you have provided. I can assure you that they are embarrassed that you and your group had to experience all these issues. We do take pride in our hotel, but unfortunately we did not show you this on your trip to Kansas City. Again please accept our apologizes and I do hope that you will give us another opportunity when you travel to Kansas City.