Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Lenexa - 95th St.
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Lenexa
Hoover
“This place is awful!”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Drug dealers, hookers, and meth heads. Checked in and checked right back out. No dishes, burn holes in the bed, trash on the floor. Old tvs, old dirty furniture, and creepy men lurking around. If you are a woman, do NOT stay here. The smell of cleaning supplies coming from down the way was enough to make my eyes and throat burn!

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank lea826
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Lenexa - 95th St., responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. I am sorry to hear that our hotel did not meet your expectations. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to review our cleaning standards and procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. Your comments will be very helpful as we continue to improve our guest experience. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at kcl@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed March 29, 2014

It is a one star at best with furnishings that are very old compared with comparably priced hotels. My real issue was the mice. They were bold enough to roam around, eat sachets of sugar and creamer and they made their home in the toaster. It was gross and reading the below reviews I know I am not the only person to have this problem. Staff said it was because that room was previously occupied by a hoarder. If so do not stay in room 213 because they apparently never cleaned it oh and the bed linen was unclean. They moved to another smaller room after two days and that one was ok just old, dated like no one had spent money on it in the last 30 years.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank CiaranJohn
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Lenexa - 95th St., responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. The situation you described is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. Please know that we are taking the appropriate steps to ensure your experience is not repeated. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly, at kcl@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Shawnee, Kansas
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I have pictures I can send you of the disaster that was called a room. Burns from cigarettes on the counter. A burned stove top. Holes in the ceiling plugged by toilet paper. Trash under the bed and in the cabinet. The first room reeked of smoke! No soap or shampoo in the room. The list can go on.

Room Tip: I have pictures I can send you of the disaster that was called a room. Burns from cigarettes on the...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank nolan525
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Lenexa - 95th St., responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Nolan – I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I am sorry to hear that your stay with us was unsatisfactory. I apologize that the condition of your room did not meet your expectations. I will be meeting with our housekeeping and maintenance staffs to ensure your experience is not repeated. As well, please know that toiletries are always available upon request, should you need them in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at kcl@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you’re in the area.
Madison, South Dakota
Reviewed March 2, 2014

I booked through priceline and was given this hotel even though my bid was for a two star hotel. Clearly this is a one star property and priceline lost my business for the scam they are pulling with their star system. Supposedly this is comparable to a holiday inn or la quinta; not even close priceline.

As for the hotel itself, its ok. outdated furnishings and old tvs, 500 kb internet unless you upgrade and then its only around 2mb but its only like $20 for a monthly upgrade. Bed is comfortable but only two pillows and no additional pillows available from front desk. Pullout couch was like a rock and was worn to when you sat down the cushions sunk down and your legs were against hard frame. They did replace the couch to one that was semi-comfortable however. Very limited cable with about 20 channels plus two showtimes. the room was clean but i did see a mouse in kitchen area and reported it to the front desk. since its the weekend there is nothing they can do till monday. there is an oven which is a definite plus. also the room i have has a separate bedroom more like a small one bedroom apartment. the staff is friendly and helpful but limited to what they have to work with.

Bottom line is if you get this hotel for a steal its fine. I talked to others that have stayed here and their room wasn't as nice as mine when they stayed so make sure you ask the front desk to give you a good room for your stay. If your looking for a low end hotel to save money that seems safe and that's clean you will be happy with this hotel. if you want comfort inn type hotel this is not it.

Room Tip: Make sure to call ahead and ask for the best room they have available with a decent couch.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank dcedlr
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Lenexa - 95th St., responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your fully equipped kitchen, comfortable bed, and our friendly, helpful staff. Still, I am sorry to hear that our cable selection, free Wi-Fi and the overall condition of our hotel did not meet your expectations. Your feedback will be very useful as we continue to improve our guest experience. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at kcl@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I was working on a temporary assignment in area and stayed 2 months. Experienced everything from drug deals, hookers, to police raids. Mostly permanent residents on site. They did not provide clean towels when requested. The furnishings were in poor condition including the mattress. They do not have enough parking spaces and you are forced to park in the fire lanes or go up over the curb into the grassy areas. Would highly NOT recommend.

• Stayed December 2013
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Good place to stay if you have to be away from home. Nice that each room has a queen bedroom with a door for privacy, and a tv so you can watch in bed. Kitchen has stove with oven so you don't have to go out and eat, and full size refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, and disposal. I seldom have any problems when I stay here, but if I do the staff is right on it.

• Stayed October 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Lenexa - 95th St., responded to this review, November 1, 2013
It is so rewarding to read that you have had so many great stays at our hotel. Thank you for your comments. We are delighted to know you that you enjoyed your room and that we provided a comfortable "home away from home" while you were in the Kansas City area.

Moore, Oklahoma
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I've been at this location for about 4 months. The staff is always friendly and helpful. The rooms are comfortable and not all cramped like most. They have a full oven, great for cooking your own dinners. The only negative things I could think of are the TV's need to be upgraded. Also the cabinets have seen better days.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Lenexa - 95th St., responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Doug - Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I truly appreciate your comments regarding our helpful and friendly staff. I will pass your comments along to them. I am also thrilled to hear that you found your room comfortable and spacious.

Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I appreciate having you here.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenexa
WoodSpring Suites Kansas City Lenexa
La Quinta Inn Kansas City Lenexa
Quality Inn & Suites Lenexa Kansas City
Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City - Overland Park
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park West
Suburban Extended Stay Lenexa

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Lenexa - 95th St.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Lenexa - 95th St.

Property: Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Lenexa - 95th St.
Address: 9775 Lenexa Dr, Lenexa, KS 66215-1345 (Formerly Extended Stay America)
Location: United States > Kansas > Lenexa
Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Lenexa
Hotel Class:2 star — Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Lenexa - 95th St. 2*
Welcome to Crossland Studios - Kansas City - Lenexa - 95th St. We are located just 5 miles from the University of Kansas and 7 miles from Kansas State University. Our property is also 7 miles from the Overland Park Convention Center. Our hotel is designed especially for longer stays with studios featuring kitchens or kitchenettes and plenty of work space. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and Priceline so you can book your Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Lenexa - 95th St. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Lenexa