Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Lenexa - 95th St.
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Lenexa
Dallas, Georgia
“Great Hidden Place”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

This hotel is just like a little apartment it even has a full kitchen which was a great big help for me.I was able to cook my meals instead of going out to eat and when you travel 300 days out of the year this is great.The customer service was outstanding from the manager to the woman who worked over night.This hotel is very outdated but it's clean and it felt like a safe place to stay that wins my vote.I can't say enough about the staff since I bugged the woman at night for everything and she still had a smile on her face and brought me everything I asked for.Just watch out for the man who works in the afternoon he is really rude.When I'm in Kansas again I will stay there again.

Room Tip: rooms in back of property are quiet but parking is tricky at night.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank gossipgirl73
Manager_11525, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Lenexa - 95th St., responded to this review, August 3, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Economy Kansas City - Lenexa - 95th St. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Farmington, Arkansas
Reviewed June 21, 2012

The best staff. The staff is friendly and very helpful making you feel welcomed. Room was spacious enough for the family. Love having 2 Televisions in room and the range with a stove top all most like being in my own kitchen. Will stay at this location again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Economy Kansas City - Lenexa - 95th St.. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that.

Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Chose this hotel b/c of the location & price, Should have known it was too cheap to be any good!

Should have known when you walked into the "office" and it smelled like stale smoke. The room was no better and there was a hole in the fitted sheet, window wouldn't close, smelled like mold in the ducts, there was urine in the toilet when I checked in & went to use the toilet. The matress had springs poking me and it was a terrible nights sleep. Disgusting place and I would not reccommend to anyone! Checked out after one night & found another hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

We have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent an unacceptable situation like yours from occurring. Obviously, your experience indicates that our system broke down. In response, I have met with hotel staff to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.

I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels(sm)' other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.
Fort Mill, South Carolina
Reviewed May 19, 2012

At first I missed the hotel, as it looks like its an apartment complex. Its right next to the motel 6. Check in went very well. The manager was super friendly and I even told her about Trip Advisor! My room was GREAT! The rooms are the size of a small 1 bedroom apartment. Good sized kitchen with pots/pans/plates etc... I only used the fridge. A kitchen table with 2 chairs, which I used for my laptop. The couch was fairly big and I had a 27 inch TV. They dont get a ton of channels, so be aware of that. The bathroom is small but worked great. The shower pressure was GREAT and the hot water was HOT. The shower head was a tad bit low for me, as the tub raised you up a few inches as well, but the shower head was adjustable, so it wasnt a big deal. Then you have a separate bedroom, with another desk, another TV, and a storage area to hang up clothing. I had so much room I didnt know what to do with it all. The room has forced air for heating/cooling, and it works GREAT but can be a little loud. The fans that blow it really work great and gets the rooms cool quickly. WiFi was "ok", but couldnt upload anything, but good download speed. The manager even came to check on me and ensure I liked my room! I used the on-site laundry, which was $2 a wash or dry and it worked fine. I had a room closer to the motel 6 side and it was very quiet. I am glad i was away from the guests that had a very annoying dog and kids that kept screaming though! Right off the highway, easy to get to, and close to a lot, inc food, the Oak Park Mall and much more. Bed and pillows were standard but comfortable. This really changed my opinion of the Extended Stay brand and I would gladly stay here again. The staff was super nice and helpful, the room was clean, efficient, and made you feel right at home. This was my 6th hotel ogf my vacation, and easily the best one.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank DaysofThundr46
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Economy Kansas City - Lenexa - 95th St.. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed December 1, 2011

The entire staff made me welcomed, appreciated and cared for during my four day stay in Lenexa. Could not find any further improvements needed. Rooms were clean and well kept and a mall, Oak Brook is a couple of blocks down. Property is quiet and has a large field in back. Will stay here again on my next visit towards Overland Park.

Room Tip: If you like quiet, I was given a room at the back side of hotel were a large field lies and is a cou...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Montana
Reviewed March 18, 2011

We stayed in this hotel for a week, and didn't have any problems until right before we left. I started itching on my arms, legs, and feet, and then tiny little red spots appeared. After researching, I discovered my symptoms were bed bugs. The spots/itching continued until 9 days after the symptoms first appeared, which is what my research predicted would happen. It is now March and I haven't had any stratching/red dots since. I'm so glad I didn't bring them home with me in our luggage. This was my first, and hopefully my last, experience with bed bugs! I did not contact the hotel, since I didn't realize what was happening until after I returned home, and I didn't have "proof" by being able to show the bed bugs to staff. I stayed in Room 313.

I'm disappointed. Otherwise, the hotel was fine. It was in a GREAT location for us, and the staff was nice. I had every intention of staying at this hotel again when we visited family/friends in the area.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed May 30, 2010

I had never stayed at this particular brand of extended stay hotel before, Booked on Hotwire and ended up there as the luck of the draw. They were the first one I had seen (outside of millitary installations) that had cooking and eating utensils in the room -- sure saves eating restaurant food all the time! I wish I had known that before I had arrived, and would have planned much differently.

The room was clean, comfortable. Immediately next to I-35 which makes it very accessable, but if you are a particularly light sleeper, you might want to bring ear plugs because of the traffic noise.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenexa
Quality Inn & Suites Lenexa Kansas City
Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City - Overland Park
Suburban Extended Stay Lenexa
La Quinta Inn Kansas City Lenexa
WoodSpring Suites Kansas City Lenexa
Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Northeast - Worlds of Fun

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Lenexa - 95th St.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Lenexa - 95th St.

Property: Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Lenexa - 95th St.
Address: 9775 Lenexa Dr, Lenexa, KS 66215-1345 (Formerly Extended Stay America)
Location: United States > Kansas > Lenexa
Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Lenexa
Hotel Class:2 star — Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Lenexa - 95th St. 2*
Welcome to Crossland Studios - Kansas City - Lenexa - 95th St. We are located just 5 miles from the University of Kansas and 7 miles from Kansas State University. Our property is also 7 miles from the Overland Park Convention Center. Our hotel is designed especially for longer stays with studios featuring kitchens or kitchenettes and plenty of work space. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Lenexa - 95th St. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Lenexa