“Good omlettes & eggs benedict.”
Review of Le Peep

Le Peep
Ranked #21 of 109 Restaurants in Lenexa
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We've been to LePeep's several times this year and enjoy their food. My personal two favorites are the Ataskan Eggs Benedict (eggs bene with salmon) and the Atlantic Omelette (omlette with smoked salmon). The service is fairly good, however I do think their coffee is overpriced. It is a good place for breakfast or lunch (they are not open for dinner).

1  Thank Arthur P

Reviewed March 5, 2014

I had a Groupon for $7.00 for $15.00 worth of food at La Peep. It covers most of the cost as long as you don't order the 18 Wheeler. The coffee is kind of pricy, so drink your coffee before you go and just drink the water which is provided on every table.

1  Thank Casey P
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Went here recently with the family. It was understandably busy because it was a weekend morning, so a wait was expected. A couple of us sat outside the main entry doors near the entrance and a couple waited near the register. We were expecting a wait of about 20 mins. Although the wait dragged on way past this time, we saw people being seated every few minutes, so it looked like they were doing their best. When one of us went to check for our place on the list, they initially couldn't find our name. Then, they saw it way up the list of names that already had been crossed out and said they mistakenly thought the name was crossed out earlier. The hostess smiled disingenuously then said we could be seated immediately. Two of us were standing near as the hostess rushed us quickly to our table. As the first two of us sat, the hostess rudely made a comment to the effect that the rest of our party was not ready (they were walking toward the table within eyeshot and were about 20 feet away as she said this). The hostess was advised of our disappointment but never once apologized. She avoided any hint that she or the restaurant had made any error. The food was mediocre, nothing remotely to get excited about. ... This was the first time we'd been to Le Peep in years because of past problems. One underlying theme still prevails - Le Peep cares more about Le Peep than its customers. For those who think the customer comes first, you will be disappointed by the restaurant. They having an incredibly smug attitude for such an incredibly subpar operation.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

After eating here for the third time, I felt safe to write a review about Le Peep. It has become our favorite brunch spot after church. We visit KC often to see my granddaughter and her church is just up the road. The coffee and smoothies are great, pancake orders are fluffy and large and they make great Eggs Benedict-- I'm a happy camper! It is often very crowded and noisy, but that is the price you pay for a place that has good service and food. Service was excellent on every occasion

1  Thank papanew77363
Reviewed January 12, 2013

There is a television show that my wife watches called "Restaurant Stakeout." The premise is that an expert on restaurants, especially customer service, puts cameras and microphones in to trouble restaurants ,and observes operations for recommended improvements. What stuck with me the few times that I have seen it is that he always says "Customer is king." What this means is that if a customer wants his eggs sunny side up with raisins in the yolk, you should make every effort to accommodate him/her.

The owners of Le Peep have never seen the show, or heard of the concept. I am on a limited food intake diet, and asked the server if I could have an omelette with turkey sausage, but I would no be able to eat the hash browns or toast. Could I order just an omelette? His response was that I could, but I would still have to pay for them.

He did say that I could order scrambled eggs and a side of turkey sausage. Great. Let's do it.

And then I got the scrambled eggs. I am used to my scrambled eggs being light and fluffy. It's not a hard thing for any breakfast cook to do. But my eggs were flat and rubbery. The waiter offered to replace them, and I asked for over easy. While I waited, I ate a dry, rubbery turkey sausage patty.

He brought the eggs out, and the white were not cooked through. I should have sent them back, but gave up. I ate what I could could, and called it quits. When the check came, I realized that I could have got the hash browns and toast for $0.50 more. Should have taken them home. But then again, if they were as bad as the eggs and sausage, maybe not.

At check-out, I relayed my poor experience to the hostess and cashier. They aplogized, and charged me for everything. As I was signing the receipt, they asked if I wanted a frequent diner punch card.

They may have crappy customer service, but they do have a sense of humor.

2  Thank DaddyYo

Been to Le Peep? Share your experiences!