“Could be great”

Le Peep
Ranked #19 of 105 Restaurants in Lenexa
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Kansas City
“Could be great”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Known for serving a wide variety of tasty breakfast fare, this LePeep only earns a 3 when it could be at least a 4. My guess is understaffing on the busy Sunday we were there is the main reason for the just average rating I'm giving because although the server was pleasant enough and completed our order correctly, the food when delivered was no longer hot. It had obviously been sitting for too long before being served.

I had a Belgian Waffle that was perfectly cooked and tasted great, but was almost cold. The butter I put on it just sat there, unmelted. My scrambled egg suffered the same problem, cooked well but also cold. My husband's skillet egg dish was tepid as well. The orange juice was not great, a bit bitter. Don't think it was fresh, but from a concentrate. Coffee was very good, but one smallish pot for a table of 6 adults, when 4 are drinking morning coffee is just not sufficient.

Our waiter was observed serving his other customers the whole time, so we know he wasn't off fooling around. Perhaps management could consider having more floor staff to deliver hot food to any table when the waiters are too busy. We were on our way to a movie and were guests of others in our group. If we had been there alone, we would have sent our meals back to be reheated.

• Visited December 2012

Lenexa, Kansas, United States
“Yum”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I've been there over 10 times. I've only had one bad experience, but it wasn't even that bad, the waitress was new. She mixed up my order, but it was free so I was okay with it. Everything is delicious. Word on the street is that they have outstanding burgers. I have only tried breakfast food because it's so good. The White Lightning Omelet is what my wife always gets and I usually go with the mini lumberjack. The full lumberjack is a lot of food. Excellent value for the money. Food always comes out hot and perfectly cooked.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Matthew G
Kansas City, Missouri
“Brunch!!”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We have been going to Lepeep for a decade now and have never had a bad meal. The waitstaff is always super friendly. The menu is extensive including all types of coffee and smoothie beverages. The food is hot and fresh and delectable every time.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank GeminiRed00
Kansas City MO
“Nice Breakfast Joint”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

My husband and I get Groupons to eat brunch here frequently.  The french toast and crepes are delicious, eggs are good as well.  Not a fan of the peasant potatoes (I'd rather have hashed potatoes than chunked and roasted).  It has a cute little loft and a few nice spots to eat outside.

• Visited April 2012
Houston, Texas
“We love LePeep in Lenexa!”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Hubs and I have been going to LePeep for a few months now for lunch dates during the work week. Great food, good service and good prices; especially if you take advantage of their punch cards and double punches on Tuesday. Every ten punches you get $10 off your meal! Portions are big and their drinks are excellent. I ordered an earl grey latte and even though they don't have it on the menu, they figured it out and it was perfect. The only down side, and this is a teeny issue, is the tables are packed tight and it gets very loud in the restaurant. If you go at a time they are not busy, the atmosphere is perfect.

Been to Le Peep? Share your experiences!