“Favorite restaurant!”

Shogun Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #51 of 108 Restaurants in Lenexa
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed January 15, 2012

My husband and I love Shogun! It is perfect for date night, and we also love going with our families!
The restaurant is always clean, the employees are very nice and welcoming, and the food is outstanding! We have been to several other Japanese steakhouses, and they are all much more expensive, and not near as tasty! We have never had one complaint, and we have been going for over two years now. This is by far our favorite restaurant, and we highly recommend it to everyone we know! You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed September 23, 2011

We ate at the sushi bar rather than doing the steakhouse dining area or the sit-down dining room. The sushi was fresh, superbly prepared by the owner (Andrew), while he carried on a conversation with us. His wife is the hostess. The dining room has a full Japanese menu in addition to the Sushi menu. The steakhouse portion of the restaurant is typical and entertaining, based on the squeels of laughter and clapping.

To my knowledge they do not have a full bar; although, you can get beer, saki, and wine (glass or bottle). I have never ordered hard liquor there to know. They serve lunch Monday through Saturday, and have "happy hour" sushi from 4:30pm until 6:30pm with half priced sushi.

Our favorite sushi place. Reasonably priced and quite enjoyable. In looking at their website, their Parkville location is no longer open.

Reviewed September 13, 2011

I love this place, the sushi is super fresh and the roles are excellent. They have some creative rolls that are really tasty and the best crab rangoon I've ever had. It's my new favorite place to eat.

Reviewed June 18, 2011

my family and i love japanese sushi and japanese steak and they are on the entertainment book so that is the first time we try this place. when we walk in to the restaurant it seem so plan and the restaurant is empty has not alot of customer, (we arrive on 6:30 pm.) after we got the table every thing is so dirty, the table is oily and most of the plate on the table are have cracks and when you sit on the chair it feels like is going to break. so we ask the server change the clean plate for us but the second plate we got are not much different. I am paying about $20 per person but i dont think is worth it for this kind of restaurant and food.. We will never want to eat in this kind of restaurant.

Reviewed June 11, 2011

We have eaten at Shogun for several years now and have never been disappointed. We recently took some friends of our from California who love sushi to Shogun, and they were very impressed by how fresh the sushi was. They loved the rolls and especially the crab rangoon which is the most delicate i've ever had. I would highly recommend Shogun to anyone who loves sushi.