“Excellent customer service and room cleanliness - I will only recommend this hotel!!”

Suburban Extended Stay Lenexa
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Lenexa
Reviewed May 28, 2010

My daughter and I were transitioning between homes so stayed there for about 4 months. They always kept an eye out for her if she went to the exercise room without me, even though it was not part of their responsibility, and they technically weren't supposed to for liability purposes, but as people, they did. They REALLY cared. Every time I needed something or to have something taken care of, they were right on top of it. They were always very friendly, patient, and courteous. Plus the amenities! It has an exercise room, outdoor pool, while I stayed there, I was able to use Gold's Gym - the largest in the country, wi-fi internet ( I forget, but I think there was a small 1 time fee at the beginning of my stay, but the wi-fi service was great! No interruptions!), washer and dryer units and it is in a safe area of town. There were a lot of people like me were looking for a place to purchase or who, for work purposes needed a long term stay but didn't want to get locked into a lease situation. There were also people who came for a few nights and left.
It came fully loaded with dishes, utensils, fridge, stove top, microwave, and dishwasher, but the service was absolutely excellent!!! When I have friends and family come into town, I have and will only recommend this particular hotel. My son is coming down for Memorial Day weekend with his girlfriend and they are staying there at my insistence!! The hotel staff was BEYOND FABULOUS!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed May 23, 2010

This hotel is a phenomenal value and the only place I stay when I'm working in the KC area. This is a fairly new hotel, I was actually one of its first guests and have returned several times since.

I wont go into a lot of detail about the room amenities as I believe its been covered in other reviews but basically you get a spacious, clean comfortable room with a kitchen and flat panel TV.

What really makes this hotel though is the management team and staff. This hotel might have the best management of any hotel I've encountered and that's saying a lot considering I've spent over 500 nights in various Choice Hotels all across the US. Every single person you encounter in this hotel from the housekeeping staff to the general manager is top notch and will go out of their way to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. As someone else mentioned in another review the assistant manager Ronnie is quite possibly the best customer service professional I've ever encountered and not just hotels but anywhere. Ronnie is the consummate customer service pro that you rarely find in businesses anymore these days. I also appreciate the fact that he's always dressed for success, too many times I check into a hotel and the person at the front desk is dressed like their headed out to Walmart.

Overall this is a great hotel but its the people that make it fantastic...!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 8, 2010

We booked twelve rooms at the Suburban Extended Stay in Lenexa last weekend when our youth basketball team traveled to Kansas City for a tournament. If you are traveling with a group I highly recommend this hotel. The rates were very reasonable, the Director of Sales provided excellent personalized service during booking, and the rooms were new and nice. They even provided a Team Room with a fridge full of water and gatorade just for our group.

All of the parents and kids had a great weekend and we will definitely stay at this hotel again next time our team travels to the Kansas City area.

• Stayed: May 2010
1  Thank vmars
Reviewed March 8, 2010

I can understand the idea of a smoke free property “well this is the place for you “.
This hotel offers a small non covered smoking area with 1 bench and one cigarette disposal stem. Travelers if you do smoke, this is not the place for you!
“THEY ARE NOT SMOKER FRIENDLY AT THIS HOTEL”.
Many hotels in this area that allow and welcome smokers!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
SuburbanKS, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Lenexa, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2010

We apologize for your feeling we aren't a smoke friendly hotel. Per Lenexa city code, all hotels in Lenexa, KS must be smoke free.

In addition, we do have two separate locations for smokers to smoke. One is covered and one is not and we have two benches.

Kind Regards,

Matt Muserlian

Reviewed February 9, 2010

I called this hotel because the price was great and it was in a good place the weather was bad and I decided to stay rooms were avaiable and the staff was very polite and american I would recommend this place to everyone it it clean and roomy and quiet I was very impressed it felt like te next best place to home Thanks again Mary

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed December 13, 2009

Took a trip to KC shopping with some friends. From making the reservations to checking out the entire experience was great and I would highly recommend this hotel. Antonn was extremely helpful when booking the room, very pleasant and professional. Thank you all very much for such a great stay! We will definitely return:)

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 6, 2009

We've stayed at the Suburban Extended Stay Hotel twice this season when visiting Kansas City for football games. The prices are unbelieably low for this brand-new facility. The rooms are simple, but very functional and spotless. We will continue to use this hotel whenever we are in the Kansas City area because of the superb value, good service and great condition of the facility.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenexa
Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Lenexa - 95th St.
Quality Inn & Suites Lenexa Kansas City
Hyatt Place Kansas City/Lenexa City Center
WoodSpring Suites Kansas City Lenexa
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Overland Park
Embassy Suites by Hilton Kansas City Olathe

Been to Suburban Extended Stay Lenexa? Share your experiences!