“great time had by all” 4 of 5 bubbles

Beto Junction
Ranked #2 of 6 Restaurants in Lebo
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Olathe, Kansas
“great time had by all”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

We stopped in because we were tired of fast food, you can only eat so much before enough is enough. We ate there Wed. night when it was Italian night . They were cooking create your pastas and cooking right in front of you. the four of us all had the buffet it was great. The manager that was cooking the food was awesome. we each got something a little different and enjoyed it very much. This is my new favorite hot spot. we split two cinnamon roll and omg it was fantastic. it is a must stop. service was very good and attentive.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Busy, understaffed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in for breakfast to find the place understaffed and crowded. Mistakes were made in our order, but given the number of people there I guess it was to be expected. The cinnamon rolls and cinnamon pancakes were interesting.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank objets
Eureka
“What a pig sty!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

We stopped here on our way back from vacation. Walked in, dirty tables every where. The buffet was dried up and horrible. Quite a few people there and we were hungry so decided to try the food anyway. 25 minutes later, still dirty tables with waitstaff walking to the tables, looking at the receipt, then walking away without clearing the table. CFS over cooked, salad was next to nothing and the girls order was wrong. How do you get chicken tenders with white gravy wrong? Over priced on dirty. The staff should have been fired as well as the manager if there was one for letting such a mess go for so long. Next time, I will forego this place and eat a Wendy's next door. I have a photo but haven't had time to down load yet.

• Visited March 2013
Emporia, Kansas, United States
“beto junction restaurant”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

I went in sat at the counter and waited and waited. The waitress finally arrived to take my drink order, asked if I was ready to order, I said no and asked for a menu. She handed me one and asked if I needed a few minutes. I never saw her again. After waiting 25-30 minutes, I left money to pay for my drink and went next door to Wendy's where I placed my order and received my food all in less than 5 minutes. Needless to say, I won't be back to that restaurant nor would I recommend it to any one.

• Visited March 2013
Ottawa, Kansas
“Good CFS but lacking service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2011

After seeing some episodes on Food Network on Chicken Fried Steak, we were hankering for some, so we headed to Beto, which claims to have great CFS.

Understand that the restaurant caters to truckers.. it is a truck stop. The atmosphere is lacking. The seats in the booths are worn out and make you wonder if you are going to fall in. It did take some time (~5 mins) for someone to notice we were there and to bring us drinks and a menu. Our waitress did show up quickly after and we both ordered the CFS sandwich. Our food arrived in a reasonable time and the CFS did not disappoint. The mashed potatoes were even real. We never saw our waitress after the food was delivered, fortunately they left a pitcher of water on the table. We had to flag down another waitress to try and pay our bill, she took our money but said she couldn't do it because she wasn't our waitress. Eventually we got the bill paid and was out the door.

If you can look past poor service and poor atmosphere, the CFS is worth the stop. We didn't have the cinnamon rolls but they looked fantastic!

• Visited June 2011