“My husband and I love the Bonefish Grill”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bonefish Grill

Bonefish Grill
Ranked #11 of 101 Restaurants in Leawood
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between Nall & Roe
Description: From the ocean to your table, Bonefish Grill is recognized as the people who know fresh fish. Delivered, inspected & hand cut daily, our fish is fresh as it gets. On any given day we'll offer a variety of fish to choose from, & tempt you with a delightful array of innovative sauces & toppings so that you can enjoy your fish just the way you like it. For the non-fish eaters, we've got something too, from hand cut beef & pork tenderloin to pasta & chicken, again deliciously prepared using our creative & original sauces.
Midwest USA
“My husband and I love the Bonefish Grill”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We visited Bonefish again last week..seems we get there every 4 to 6 weeks. I highly recommend the Bang Bang Shrimp and Mussels Josephine appetizers. Be sure to get bread to dip in the white wine butter sauce with the mussels. We are never disappointed...this time I tried the seasonal crab leg special. Spectacular! Staff and management were attentive (we ALWAYS eat at the bar...we like it there at the counter). I don't recall a visit to Bonefish when we weren't greeted by the manager and asked about our experience. I once offered a suggestion regarding serving temperature of a seasonal salad (balsamic tomatoes should NOT be fridge cold at service).; the manager was sincerely interested in my opinion. My husband says Bonefish has the best Caesar salad in town and I always get the wedge salad if I'm not tempted by a seasonal offering like balsamic tomatoes.

Wine selections are good. Always check out the specials....both wine and entree. You can't wrong with a special or an item from the menu. The reserve wine menu has some great "special occasion" choices, too.

My sister and brother in law love the Bonefish in Indianapolis. This restaurant is a chain, but they know how to do seafood right.

Enjoy Bonefish tonight.

• Visited October 2012

Olathe, Kansas
“Not as good as it normally is...”
Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

Went for an early dinner. Wrong drinks were brought, but kept anyway. Ordered another drink and had to remind server I would like the drink. Bang bang shrimp were excellent as usual, as were the scallops. Best garlic mashed potatoes anywhere. Really disappointed in the severely tough filet. Could hardly cut it with a steak knife, and really fatty. We will return...of course for the bang bang shrimp. Service was average.

Baldwin City, Kansas
“very nice restaurant”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

A nice atmosphere combined with excellent service and don't forget the menu with a wide variety of delicious choices. Gluten free items are available for those of us that need that. A good place for special occasions.

• Visited September 2012
Overland Park, Kansas
“Most disappointed”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

My wife and I tried the Bonefish out last Friday night and what a disappointment! We arrived at 9:00 p.m. well after the Friday evening rush. If I were a betting man, I would bet there was no manage on duty. And if there were, he or she was very poorly trained. With little welcoming, the host seated us in not that busy of a dining room. It was about 5 minutes before we were greeted by our waitperson. She was friendly enough, and with a good grasp of the fresh fish menu she told us about the specials. I ordered my Bush Mills rocks and it took 8 minutes for her to return and tell me they didn't have, but at that time tried to take our dinner orders. After another 8 or so minutes, she finally returned with puny pour of Jameson. So from the time we sat down, it was almost ½ an hour before I was served my libation. I watched her walk from table to table, trying to be save steps but I pretty well summed up what kind of service we were going to have. I decided to order a bottle of the Folie a’ Deux, Menage a’ Trios and ask her to serve it now. She took our entrée order and then returned to tell us they were out of what we wanted. So we tried again. My Sea bass was not cooked and my wife’s fish was also undercooked. We didn’t order sushi but I didn’t want to send it back. When we left we were both in agreement, it was not a pleasant experience and most likely, wouldn't be back. When we got home, I throughout the leftovers.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Woody1048
Overland Park, Kansas
“Great seafood with excellent service”
Reviewed August 1, 2012 via mobile

We are local and like to come here for special occasions. They always have a great selection and the sides are always good too. The service is good.

1 Thank Richard S