“Fried Chicken” 3 of 5 bubbles

O'Neill's Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #19 of 101 Restaurants in Leawood
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Irish
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Kansas City, Missouri
“Fried Chicken”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

After reading the review in the Kansas City Star I had to go try the fried chicken. Well it was moist and warm I did expect some kind of flour crust, but it was void. The two side sides were corn and mash potatoes. The corn tasted like the kind that is bought frozen and then warmed up. However, the potatoes were excellent even without the gravy. My wife was the tilapia with two mixed vegetables which she pronounced satisfactory. We would not make a special trip again to eat there, but if we were in the area we would eat there.

• Visited October 2013

Leawood, Kansas
“Nice local neighborhood restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

Good location. Food and service is always good. Nice outdoor patio for spring and summer. Like their specials. Good for families,friends or couples. Would recommend.

Visited January 2013
Chicago
“Super friendly staff, excellent meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012 via mobile

I'm lucky to travel a bit in the Midwest lately... KY, Indy, and now KC. I know I sound like an old fart, but isn't the internet awesome when your visiting somewhere for the first time? yelp/ Google places led me HERE today! From when I walked in the wrong door and was greeted by a random waitress, to the bartender to the young lady who seated me, to my top notch waitress, friendliest staff ever. Really great meal, and unbelievable Monday special prices too.

Kansas City, Missouri
“great food but...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

We are never disappointed in the food at O'Neill's the quality is wonderful. Love their yummy seafood selections, salads, and only what i can assume is homeade dressing. However the past two times we were there especially the last time we had horrible service. It took 20mins for us to place our order after being seated and a good 20 + mins before we ever recieved our food. It was around 8pm and they weren't overwhelmingly busy and the server was nowhere to be found most of the time. Another experience like this and I don't know that it will be worth it for the food.

• Visited June 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
midwest
“One of our favorites!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2012

We love this place! Food is very good. It's busy evenings and weekends. We often get carry out as well. The dinner salads are very good but a bit overpriced, in my opinion.

• Visited February 2012