“Always a great experience”

Tavern at Mission Farms
Reserve with OpenTable
Tavern at Mission Farms is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 101 Restaurants in Leawood
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed June 7, 2014

My husband and I ended up at the Tavern on a whim after finding Room 39 closed for the day. We weren’t excited going in, expecting it to be a pub with just burgers and fries. We were pleasantly surprised by the plush atmosphere, excellent service and delicious food—and have now been back 4 or so times. They do have burgers and fries, but more the gourmet variety. They also have dishes such as grilled salmon and yummy sides. The prices are on point for the quality of the food. Drinks seem a little high but are good. They also have plenty of gluten-free options that are clearly marked on the menu, and have a nice patio.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

We came here because Room 39 wasn't open for lunch. I wasn't impressed by the name and was a little concerned that it would be a sports bar. I was pleasantly surprised, especially after being led to a quiet booth in the back. The decor was rather bland and nondescript but the service was excellent. Our server was there each time we needed or wanted him there. I had a fantastic lemon drop with just the right about of sweet to sour ratio. (Usually I find most places make them overly sicky sweet.) The ahi tuna salad was rather large and quite delicious. I would have laid off the dressing a little as that was a little too much for my taste but overall quite good.

Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

Our server, Kevin, was wonderful. He made helpful suggestions and his service was exemplary. He nearly talked us into take home dessert after we were stuffed!

Reviewed March 10, 2014

I've eaten here a couple times, but lately it has been spot on terrific. For drinks the Tavern Sazerac (Chartreuse coated glass with Bulleit Rye Whiskey, orange bitters and a single spherical ice cube) is very, very good.

Salmon, the fish or shrimp tacos tremendous. Sliders looked excellent. There's a wide variety of options it's tough to choose.

Very nice atmosphere, prices are reasonable for the food. Little pricey on the drinks, but overall it's tough to go wrong here.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Atmosphere and service is great We enjoy every visit. I enjoy the mussel appetizers, their soups are always delicious and the desserts amazing