“Varied menu, good specialty cocktails”

Tavern at Mission Farms
Reserve with OpenTable
Tavern at Mission Farms is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 101 Restaurants in Leawood
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed April 29, 2013

This was the first time I have eaten here. This restaurant site has changed hands many times over the years and I hope the Tavern will last. The menu has a wide variety of dishes on it, which makes it attractive to me -- I can get something simple, like a burger, or something fancier, like their special of the day I had, halibut. Their specialty drink menu is good plus they have good-priced wines. I ate an early dinner there (5:30) as that was the only time available when I made same-day reservations, so this must be a popular place with a lot of people. Service was fast, we felt a little rushed, by the waiter. I'm looking forward to going back and trying another dish.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

We took 13 people to Tavern at Mission Farms for a birthday celebration! Every person enjoyed their food but I have to say they have the BEST hamburger I have had in KC! Ryan, our waiter could not have been more efficient and was ahead of the game the whole night. It was a cozy table by the fireplace and we could hear each other talk. We'll be back to try everything we missed! I thought the price was very reasonable. It's nice to have the manager walking around making sure everyone was enjoying the experience.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

The food was good, the atmosphere was sophisticated and the service was exceptional. The menu has a little bit of everything on it. The chocolate cake was amazing!

1  Thank Cheryl D
Reviewed March 24, 2013

My husband and I and a good friend decided to give this fairly new resturant a try for lunch a few days ago. The menu ---which they say is "classic American"-- appealed to us and we were not disappointed. To begin with, we found the atmosphere warm and inviting and not so noisy that it impeded hearing conversation. Secondly, our waiter was very cheerful,, knowledgeable about the selections, and efficient. Thirdly, the food was great! Portions are fairly good sized, and their offering of "soup and a salad" surprised our friend and I since we both thought we'd be getting a cup of soup and a smaller portion of salad. Not so! We each received full bowls of soup and large salads;she ordered soup du jour which was a New England Clam Chowder and a Caesar salad; I had their tomato curry soup and the wedge salad. Neither of us had any complaints about the food. Everything tasted great! The curry in my soup enhanced the flavor without making it spicy.In my case, though, the portions were a bit more that I could eat since I had my eyes on dessert. My friend ate all her food and skipped dessert. My husband decided to try their Tavern burger and enjoyed it. For dessert, we selected their mini cinnamon sugar donuts which were superb! It was served with a dipping sauce of vanilla custard which was way too much sweet. The donuts themselves were very sugary, no additional sweetness was needed.

The Tavern at Mission Farms has all the right ingredients to make a "Go" of it in our fussy Johnson County area. On all accounts--food, service, atmosphere--it's a standout!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Tavern is OK but to me a real disappointment because I regularly enjoyed eating at Avenues Bistro when it was in this space. The newest restaurant at Mission Farms, Rye, is much more to my liking. It's nice to have several choices in this area.