“Food was Good; Service was Poor”
Review of Winstead's

Winstead's
Ranked #48 of 101 Restaurants in Leawood
Cuisines: American, Diner
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I ate here by myself one afternoon. There were three waiters and about 10 tables of people. The burger was great and it was quick to arrive. Then I waited for 5 minutes for the waiter to come pick up my credit card. It was a matter of inexperience I would guess, but still pretty inconvenient. I wouldn't go back.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Located on 135th between Nall and Roe, this is the newest of Winstead's locations. Although the building is relatively new, it still feels like you're stepping back in time to the 1940s with the same art deco styling of the original Winstead's on the Plaza. Winstead's serves a very limited menu of primarily burgers, shakes, fries, and a few other sandwiches and sides. To someone who has never visited a Winstead's before, I would compare it most closely to Steak N Shake. The differences I've noticed are generally that Winstead's retains the retro style better, the restaurants are cleaner, and the food is more consistent. I recently visited the Leawood location and found it to be no different. My burger was very good. I personally don't think it's the absolute best, but at the pricepoint it really can't be beat. As far as shakes, I'm personally a fan of the butterscotch. If you're really hungry, go for the skyscraper shake. The Food Network recently rated Winstead's as having the best burger in the state of Kansas, and so far I think I probably agree with that decision.