“Dull food, slow service, and that's the good news”

Talk of the Town Grill
Ranked #30 of 101 Restaurants in Leawood
Cuisines: American
Kansas City, Missouri
“Dull food, slow service, and that's the good news”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

This nicely located restaurant is not much more than fast food served in a decent sports bar space. But even the sports bar feel is not great as the TVs are hard to see and hear and no one seems all that interested in the games.

Visited October 2012

Olathe, Kansas
“Better than the Original”
Reviewed March 28, 2012

After years at their first location at 119th and Quivera, Talk of the Town Grill has expanded to 135th & Roe/Nall. Having visited the original location for over 20-years I was interested in seeing what they have done with their new addition. From the first day, their parking lot was full and there was a wait time whenever we went by. Good for them! Went by for lunch on a Saturday to meet with a friend for business. Free open WiFi access! I wish they would advertise this as it is a draw for business customers. I had to ask the hostess. They have wide screen HD TVs throughout the interior of the restaurant and two exterior patios. We found the menu had more variety than the original location with a wide selection of beers and full bar. There are many things that I prefer about the original location; however, I do not think you will be disappointed with the addition, unless of course you pick a night where the parking lot is full and there is a wait time.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank QuietmanTravels
Kansas City, Kansas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Shaky opening - Terrible Beans”
Reviewed December 23, 2011

My family and I went to the new Talk of the Town grill in Overland Park, KS in early December. Unfortunately it was opening weekend and we did not know it. The restaurant was formerly a Ted's Montana Grill restaurant. The new owners have done very little to change the decor, added some TVs and that is about it. It was a classier place as a Ted's Montana Grill. The tables must have been refinished because they reeked of varnish or some type of new finish. It is hard to eat when every inhale brings a varnish smell. Hopefully the smell will die down after a few weeks.

The food was marginal. Two in our party ordered buffalo chicken sandwiches. The sandwiches were so spicy that they could not be eaten. I ordered a side of baked beans. They were the most pitiful dish of baked beans I have ever seen. They were basically Van Camps beans from a can with a little sweetener. Being from Kansas City I have eaten a lot of baked beans from BBQ places around town these rank at the very bottom.

My wife had a salad. She liked that.

Will not return to the restaurant.

• Visited December 2011