“good place to dine”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: sister restaurant of Blue Koi in Kansas Missouri
Reviewed October 9, 2013

The food is good, especially the dumplings.
It has a good service. No waiting for the table. and clean atmosphere.

1  Thank pruthveej k

Reviewed August 1, 2013

I enjoyed a weekday lunch at Blue Koi at Mission Farms with friends. My friend who has also been to the original location said the atmosphere and decor were quite similar. I liked the local artists' offerings -- refreshing that the design was not trapped in an Asian theme decor.

We ordered a number of items to share family style including one noodle dish, two orders of dumplings, two orders of tofu with awesome sauce, and four boba teas. Four normally hearty eaters came away stuffed. The boba tea with big tapioca "bubbles" was a lot of fun to drink -- mine was basically like a slushy, the others' were more milky consistency. Total bill was about $15 per person before tip, fairly reasonable.

The tofu was really delicious, perfectly crispy and the awesome sauce is really awesome. I could have just eaten that and been happy.

I agree with another reviewer that there is a lot of Chinese five spice powder in the food. The noodles we ordered had duck in them. My fellow diners said that the duck was some of the best they've had locally. I don't particularly like duck and unfortunately I found the smell overwhelmed my enjoyment of the other dishes.

Service was really friendly and accommodating. We enjoyed visiting with the servers and an older Asian lady, possibly the owner, who dropped by our table.

This was a great place to try some different foods you don't find on a typical Chinese restaurant menu. Recommended!

1  Thank Bookmom17
Reviewed June 26, 2013

This was a fun restaurant to meet up with friends and family for dinner. Food was fresh and good -- not authentic, but just the way Americans like it. :) Good value and yes, we would return.

1  Thank Ruffwriter
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

The food is always delicious and consistent. The owners are always very friendly and appreciative of the patrons too. The cheesecake wonton dessert is so wonderful!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

nice atmosphere and fun environment. i had noodle dish that looked good but was bland. wife had more tasteful meal. would go back for atmosphere with friends, but not just us.

1  Thank walt42