“Something for everyone”

Description: sister restaurant of Blue Koi in Kansas Missouri
Manhattan Kansas
“Something for everyone”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

This little gem has interesting dinner combinations and the fried tofu for a starter was wonderful. My hubby ordered the shrimp asparagus with noodles; I had tofu with brown rice. Everything was excellent--the decor, the service and the food. Portions are large and we could have shared one, especially after eating the starter.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank BanaB

Goldsboro, North Carolina
“Love the Bubble Tea!!”
Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

The Red Bean/ Almond smoothie style with double bubbles is the pinnacle of Bubble Teas in Kansas City. So refreshing, perfectly sweetened, not cloyingly sweet but not bland either. Tapioca pearls ( bubbles) are consistently fabulous at Blue Koi- not mushy but soft and chewy. We go to Blue Koi for carryout Bubble Teas. The food is good too- freshly prepared and well seasoned. The Bubble Teas draw us back to Blue Koi time and again.

1 Thank Teresa A
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
“Authentic food, excellent service”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

This asian-fusion restaurant featured delicious, inventive dishes in a clean, friendly atmosphere. We were absolutely blown away by the service from our server Jo--she gave us great suggestions, was on the ball with bringing our food and drinks, and was incredibly friendly without being intrusive. Be sure to try the Awesome Sauce, it is indeed awesome, especially with the fried tofu appetizer. We loved the dumplings! The roast was the most tender and juicy I've ever had. We can't wait to come back again to try more of the menu.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Anna H
USA
“My child hated tofu BEFORE she tried Blue Koi. :) Awesome and cheap!”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Blue Koi is located at a pretty new and lovely strip mall. We chose a patio that decorated charmly. I was a bit confused with TripAdvisor reviews - some people called this place Chinese, but it is advertised as Japanese. I have to admit that the TA customers are closer to the truth. :)
Well, their menu is not that long, but perfectly selected and has dishes from several Asian cousines. We asked about "best-sellers" and decided to try a crispy tofu as a starter though me daughter hates tofu. She LOVED this dish! My husband and I did too.
Average price for a main dish is $13-16. But if you do not want overeat, you actually get 2 meals since portions are VERY generous. My pot roast was perfect. My child's seafood noodle soup was delisious and had a lot of seafood (happens not always). My husband enjoyed his noodle soup with dumplings as well. We took home a half - I do not mind yummy leftovers... :))
The service was flawless.
I want to help the great place with more traffic - adding some pictures! We will be back for sure!

• Visited August 2012
Overland Park, Kansas
“Wonderful place - delicious!”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

This is one of my favorite places to go. Have been there on numerous occasions and always great food and great service. I almost always stick with the chicken and asparagus because it is so great i can't try anything else. My neighbors are vegans and they love this place too. Nice place to meet friends to sit outside on the patio. Not much of a view, just a parking lot but still nice. Did get an appetizer once that i didn't like but can't remember what it was. Always reliable and fabulous.

• Visited July 2012