“What's the rush?”

Add it.
SUMO by Nambara
Ranked #63 of 101 Restaurants in Leawood
Cuisines: Japanese
Description: Here’s a hot tip you’ll never stop thanking me for. Massage Therapy Training Institute (MTTI) in KCMO runs a student clinic. A direct quote from their website: MTTI-WellSpring students offers 30-, 50- and 90-minute Swedish table massage through the student clinic. Massages are only $20, $30 and $50, respectively! The clinic schedule varies from term to term, but, typically, massage appointments are offered morning, afternoon, evenings and Saturdays. [BREAK] I thought this would be a good way to get a massage on the cheap and I’d put up with whatever stark surroundings and sub-par students trying to get better. I was DEAD wrong. WellSpring is a well-appointed suite of massage rooms. The whole suite is well decorated in calming tones and textures. A central hallway opens up on both sides with several spacious, room-sized massage compartments. Floor to ceiling, wall to wall curtains isolate the rooms without leaving the guest feeling trapped. (I have issues.) The individual rooms are softly lit and de rigueur nature sounds babble out of the sound system. [BREAK] On my visits, the massage student was in their final semester and, in my opinion, was completely professional. They asked me my preferences and courteously explained and walked me through the entire massage experience. WellSpring is as good as any professional massage I’ve ever had and better, much better, than most. This is an experience you don’t want to pass up. One note: Last minute scheduling is almost impossible. Work on your calendar and book as far in advance as possible. You’ll be very glad you did.
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Most customers enjoy the Japanese steak house because of the entertainment and food. But the biggest problem with most of these is the rush. I took a good customer out for a relaxing meal and they ran us through in under an hour?? And the place wasn't half full? The support staff at this location was inexperienced and it showed.

Reviewed January 2, 2012

Order shshi - four dishes
40 minutes two dishes our friends none
No water
One shshi was made wrong and delierered after dinner
Manager said, only one shshi chef and they were so busy...the place was a ghost town wea are thinking no shushi chef.
Wasted Groupon

Reviewed October 3, 2011

We went on a groupon and felt it was pretty good. Our chef was pretty cool. Their Ginger sauce was a little lacking. Nikko's at Marriott is still the best in our opinion.