“You get what you pay for...sometimes.”
Review of Ra Sushi

Ra Sushi
Reserve with OpenTable
Ra Sushi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 101 Restaurants in Leawood
Cuisines: Sushi
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 117th & Nall
Reviewed July 7, 2013

This was the second time I went to Ra Sushi. The first time we had the typical lunch menu sushi. Paid 20 bucks and due to slowness of kitchen it took two hours to get out of the restaurant.

Everything was average and nothing to write home about. It was a little young rich and famous vibe for me..not something I go in for.

Second time around I had my boss spring for the bill and he knows sushi. We spent about 170 bucks between the both of us...so that is a sizable chunk of change. We ordered Sushi and Sashimi and had some Saki too.

This was a totally different experience. The Sashimi was excellent and the Sushi roles which were house specialties were outstanding.

Now asked if I would go back... Even with the cost...I would not hesitate to say yes. I would for sure scale back but some of those specialty roles like the scallops were something I will remember eating for a very very long time.

So in short...buy the house specialty roles! Expect to plop down 100 bucks for two people. Except great food.

Now my boss is a Sushi snob who lives in down town Philly. He is American Korean and group up eating Sushi / Sashimi and fish dishes his whole life (I grew up in back water Missouri)...

He said this was some of the best Sushi and Sashimi he ever had and was amazed KC had such a great place like Ra Sushi.

Anyway...costly but highly recommend. If you cheap out and get the average stuff...expect average food. Splurge a little and you will be glad you did.

Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Tunacado is unbelievable! Las Vegas roll minus the stuff on top... Great sashimi... Yellowtail and Tuna. I will be back....

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I love RA sushi. Once of my all time favorite places for sushi. They also have happy hour 3-7 & 10-12 (midnight). The food is fantastic but the server's are full of attitude & rude. They act like they are doing you a favor by taking you order. It gets old...fast. They spend more time with the men that work there or hot guys dining there. Guess its there way to hustle a great tip. If you do not drink then they won't waist their time checking back on you. Most look & act like Hooter's girls. Just to arrogant for me to tolerate and I love the food. Some act like they can't count. Guess the stupid, rude act brings in more tips. We ordered, a runner brought our food and she finally appreared to drop off the ticket. We even had to get up & go to the bar to get refills on our soda. It was later in the evening and she only had 3 tables. It was of the few times I didn't tip but I couldn't find a reason to reward her for horrible horrible service. She gave us dirty looks when she didn't see her big fat tip. My husband is a big tipper but I put my foot down when it came to his generous tipping of this rude waitress. Let her employeer pay her for rude service b/c it wasn't going to be me. I happily paid for the best sushi I have ever received anyplace but I couldn't reward her for terrible service. Women need to act professional when in the work place & treat all guests with attention & respect thru wonderful service. The food is " The Best Sushi Ever" but the waitress was the "Worst Server Ever".

Reviewed May 8, 2013

It is right next to the Aloft Hotel. so, it gets a lot of hotel traffic. Overall the sushi menu is big and the sushi tasted nice. Only thing is that the orders do not come in any order.
They have Wednesday nights as Karaoke night and it can become loud. However, I loved the song choices. The server was very friendly and her service was prompt.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Ordered steak teriyaki with rice and it tasted horrible. A very disappointing waste of $20. This is a place for those who like sushi otherwise your choices of food may be limited. I chose this place because it was late and connected to aloft.